Gas prices are dropping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Vermont, prices at the "unbranded" stations (such as country stores with a pump out front) are dropping faster than the branded stations. This is typical, as these stations get gas that is typically sourced through the spot market. The spot market shoots up and down quickly based on the whims of the commodity traders.

So, when spot prices shot up, their prices became the highest. Now that spot prices are easing, the little country stores now have some of the lowest prices.

Our local Citgo, Sunoco and Mobil stations raised prices last week, and as of last night still did not drop them one penny. On the other hand, one of the country stores is underselling them by a nickel a gallon.

Here in Utah the prices are staying the same!
mad.gif

Amazing in a week that it shot up over 50 cents a gallon and they are not dropping a cent...

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

The gas here shot up to almost four bucks a gallon regular during Katrina, and it's been on a semi steady downhill spiral down to 2.95. Before the storm it was at 2.53.

Remember back when you said "give me five bucks high test" and it actually bought something?

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Several (religous) shelters have already placed over 1000 people each in permanent homes and JOBS.
So much for slow response. It will be a long time and sometimes "normality" never returns when you lose a loved one.

As for gas - again what a freakin' racket especially from the point of view where I live. Our prices aren't dropping that fast.....on Monday 87 was still $3.12/gallon - today $3. That is laughable/cryable. There was no reason for these high prices other than commodity traders and greed! I support the free market - and our only recourse is to buy less and speak up!

Pabs, you should drive over by my place to fill up, Shell and Chevron 87 never went above $2.95.'
Not that that's so great, but...

I'll be getting a new 2006 6L PS F250 in a couple of weeks. Diesel fuel is around .98c/L.
Hopefully it too will go down.
On another subject has anyone in Canada seen the new Smart cars from Mercedes?
Two seater with a 3 cylinder gas engine. 70plus mpg!!
They will be coming to the U.S. soon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5217861/

I forgot.they run from $17,000.cdn on up.
 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back