Gas milage with GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by 92FXR:
Well I finally had a chance to do a run with my newly added Green stuff. As far as I can tell, over the same course, the milage with the GC green is the same as the mobil 1 I had been using. I have accumulated about 46 Qts so I am happy with the prelim. results.

Tom

Not bad, so far . . . you're about 1/3 of the way to getting to the size of my stash!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif
Which, by the way, is absurd. I finally stopped when I realized I'm covered for years. By the time I use this stuff up, I'm sure that engines won't even have oil fillers or drain plugs. . .

With the 3.0 Mazda/Ford engine :
Motorcraft 5w-20 yielded 21-22 MPG
German Castrol 0W-30 yielded 23-24 MPG
Havoline 10W-30 20-21 MPG
Mobile Clean 5w-30 23-24 MPG

I record every tank, oil change etc..
This is from 60,000 miles of use and records.

What I have concluded is that my engine "prefers" 30 grade oil and 0 or 5W.

I kid you not - I was capable of balancing a nickel on the front bumper of my Blazer running GC. It was a grueling wait, getting to the end of a 3500 mile OCI and resolving fuel injection problems before I dumped the elves in. Fixed the truck, drained the old oil out and poked the elves in. She started quick and strong and then settled to an awe-inspiring and very quiet idle. You *cant* feel the truck running when you sit in traffic at a light. This stuff is gorgeous, simply gorgeous. 200 miles clocked on the stuff this weekend showed no MPG change, but then it is up, all across the board because of that regulator that let go. Where I typically got 16~18MPG in town, it went to 6 when the regulator went - I am getting easily 20MPG in town now after repairs and runing GC.
grin.gif
I want to take it on a trip to see what extended Highway mileage is like.

I just did my first oil change with GC and I'm wondering if I'm seeing a drop in mpg.

After 275 miles it looks like a drop from 29.7 mpg to 27 mpg, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back