Gas Leaking Red Max

Have a Red Max trimmer that is blowing gas out of the vent when it's running. Not leaking anywhere else. Maybe I'm sheltered, but I haven't seen this before. I've seen a lot by the way. Picture just to show you what part I'm talking about. I thought these were supposed to be 'one way'. Suggestions?
Screenshot (125).jpg

That's the part on the end of the fuel pickup hose inside the tank, right? It's not a one way valve. It is a filter and also a weight to pull the hose down to draw gas from the lowest part of the tank no matter how you're holding the machine.

Naw. On Echos and Red Max's, the fuel cap is not vented. This fixes onto the hose that comes out of the top of the tank that serves that purpose. Thanks for answering though. I think the part was just defective. I used one that was sent with a whole boatload of extra stuff with a carburetor I got off of Ebay. It's not leaking anymore.

That is a one-way "duck bill" vent. You can pull the top off of it and see the rubber "duck bill" down in there. The rubber duck bill will deteriorate and start to leak, just like any other rubber part that is exposed to ethanol.

Back