Gas Guzzling RV's selling like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tdog02
Full time RV'ers do not have to pay property taxes. Big money saved there.

Park fees, sewage dumping fees, potable water costs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I read some local news here in the Seattle-Tacoma metro about people purchasing trailers or RVs to live in. Since housing and rent has become so expensive here a growing number of mostly younger people are doing this. They can park anywhere for a few days then move on even around the block.

If it’s happening here I would imagine it’s happening in other expensive real estate markets as well.

Like, Mountain View (Google HQ)?

Some working lower middle class people have been living in company parking lots and Walmart parking lot. You still need a real car to get around but if you are out working all day and eat out / company provide free food / free shower at work / free laundry service / free internet / and work 7 days a week, then it make sense to just rent a box and put a bed in it and park it at work.

Just move it around every 72 hours to avoid parking tickets and you're golden. It can be 0.5mpg and it is still cheap enough to move 1 miles around and park 20 feet away (the law said you need to move a few miles every 72 hours if I remember right).

Last edited:
I put my RV travel trailer on the market 2 months ago and the very first day an RV broker came to my house with cash - the amount I was asking - and towed it away the same day. He said he can't keep inventory because all the homes lost in the recent floods people are buying RVs as temporary living conditions.

Yep ~ used to laugh at the bizarre number of RV’s our small town dealer held in stock … drive by there now and I know he was laughing on the way to the bank …

Gas guzzlers are a good thing. Ultimately we will use "x" amount of gas. Fewer miles per gallon ultimately means fewer vehicles on the road.

Imagine how many vehicles would be on the road if vehicles got 100 miles per gallon. Ultimately gass guzzlers are good for the environment. Fewer repairs to roads due to fewer vehicles. And less traffic means vehicles will not be idling in traffic as much.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
I would much rather have a Corvette or a Hellcat to travel in and stay at the Holiday Inn.

Some people have a sports car, and an RV.

I would much rather have a Corvette or a Hellcat to travel in and stay at the Holiday Inn.

All three sound terrible for comfortable travel.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Technology has made RV travel and living much easier. Cell phones, wifi, sat TV, direct deposit of money, online bill pay etc.

A family friend is trying this route. Her husband works a 100% remote IT job so it works for them for now. I cannot believe they had to sell their home for that.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

+1

That's what I'll be doing, only I'll probably be staying at base lodging on military installations...the rooms are less expensive and are usually much nicer than off base lodging...I think current room rates are like $56 a night...

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: madRiver

+1

I can't speak for the Hellcat, but the Vette is actually pretty comfy, and I'd take the bed in a Holiday Inn over a motor home any day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back