Gary Allan about to lose 2nd spot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
gary.jpg

Still think of you mate...

A great member indeed.

During one of my stints in Iraq I was asking for advice on filter compatibility for a Mazda pickup with a 2.6 I4. It wasn't within our inventory so I couldn't source parts through military logistics systems. I was just trying to get a couple of part numbers to replace the air and oil filters from AZ or AAP. Gary went above and beyond to send us an Amsoil care package with Amsoil oil and air filters and some P.I. fuel additive. This pickup saved us tons of time whether running errands across the outpost or hauling trash. Thank you Gary.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Gary was an amazing person. There really should be some sort of tribute to him on here IMHO.

^ this.
gary's passing started the slow demise of the intelligent threads on bitog.the above-average-intelligence members don't post often, like they used to.
the site has evolved, as many posters, for the last couple of years,use the site as social media -- they just want someone "to talk to". the board is more about entertainment, than intelligent discussion.and, that's cool.
the group has a lot of laughs.

whenever I read merk's and m.o.m.'s (and a couple of others) threads,I really miss gary. all are/were entertaining -- just for different reasons.
r.i.p. gary.

A few numbers to look at. Looks like Gary's last post was about 6 years ago.

Pablo's posting has slowed down quite a bit. Only one post in the month of May.

Another post or two from JHZR2 and he will be number two in posts which is fine by me. A lot of work goes into moderating a forum.

Gary offered some great advice when I first got here....very kind, easy to talk to.

Miss him.....
frown.gif

Like any other site, we have our good and not so good days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back