Garden hose fittings and nozzles that can be ran over with car tire!???

Give me some links to heavy duty garden fittings that can withstand being ran over by a car in my yard!

I can't tell you how many ends have been flattened by vehicles running over it., Some just get a oval shape, and hose pistols the trigger arms always break off.

I can always splice back the hose, but thin stamped brass fittings end up leaking and bent to hell.

Stow the hoses. Even heavy duty fittings get bent with a car driving over them.

For the nozzles, go with the ball valve types. Trigger nozzles are junk anymore.

Hose fittings and nozzles were never designed to be run over by cars. They would have to be made so thick as to significantly reduce water flow. That makes about as much sense as wanting lawn sprinklers and garden gnomes being made to withstand being run over as well.

Winzeler stamping company is advertising commercial grade garden hose couplings that are "crush proof" Mcmaster Carr does not carry them. can't find them at any retailer.

For a nozzle, the Bulls-Eye hose nozzle might survive a car tire drive over in the yard.

Last edited:
Give me some links to heavy duty garden fittings that can withstand being ran over by a car in my yard!

I can't tell you how many ends have been flattened by vehicles running over it., Some just get a oval shape, and hose pistols the trigger arms always break off.

I can always splice back the hose, but thin stamped brass fittings end up leaking and bent to hell.
These couplings can be found at ACE Hardware, but might be available at Home Depot, Lowes or Amazon too:

HD Brass Hose Couplers

Back