Garage laptop time

Hola everyone,

My old notebook computer that I only used in the garage when working on cars for internet searches, pictures, PDF files.
It finally broke, I need a new to me use since I see no need for a new computer: I play no games on it. The only other used if I can save some money an buy
a 2 channel scope later on. I like to stay w/ windows 10 or even 7. My last computer was bought at new egg many years ago.

Where do you guys like to buy your stuff.

Thanks for all ideas.

I like the Dell Latitude you linked. A few years ago I bought a refurbished Latitude off eBay for about that same price with less specs. Still running great. Solid computer.

I would buy a Chromebook. Faster than computers twice their cost. I love my Chromie.
Costco has several for $350; screen sizes from 14" to 17".

If you want a Windows machine, for Office ot whatever, Costco has a 14" Lenovo Flex for $400. Solid machine.

I would buy a Chromebook. Faster than computers twice their cost. I love my Chromie.
Costco has several for $350; screen sizes from 14" to 17".

If you want a Windows machine, for Office ot whatever, Costco has a 14" Lenovo Flex for $400. Solid machine.

It comes w/ windows 11 and it might not work w/ an older software from Pico Scope.

I'd buy a used desktop off ebay. Many of the refurb/resellers include Windows with them. It's amazing how little power one needs if you're not doing HD video or games. If you weren't attached to Windows a $40 Raspberry Pi would be perfect.

I'm a bit biased, but if you really want a notebook and don't want to spend a ton, look to eBay for an HP Elitebook. I have 2: a 17" 8730w at home and a 14" 8440p as my toolbox machine.

The Elitebook range was HP's premier offering for years, and the build quality shows.

Back