Gamer Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MarkC
How old are you, anyway?

I'm too young to have played Pong, but old enough to know about Pong!
grin2.gif

I remember that Christmas clear as day when we got the multi game machine.

It had Pong, Squash, and soccer (although the instructions that came with it said "hockey", a game that was alien to us).

I remember playing Asteroids, BattleZone, Moon Base, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Galaga, some simple karate game, an auto racing game, Pac Man of course, some game with penguins and blocks of ice, Tornado, and Missile Defense.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I have pong - though I was too old to have played it when it was new. It's one of the best games for two players ever made.

Naw, Karate Champ kicked Pong's butt.

Quote:
an auto racing game

Pole Position?

Quote:
some game with penguins and blocks of ice

Pengo! Played often on our Atari 400.

I mean... I'm not a gamer.
45.gif

My friend and I (he's a few years older) discussed electronic games. We enjoyed them so much that we figured that we never would have gotten married. We'd have girlfriends ..we supposed..but there would be no real need for companionship on a full time basis.

I never got into the cartoon characters. Too much nursery rhyme for me with cuddly animations ..nope.

Missile Command was fun for the 2600. Never quite got into PacMan at the arcade. It wasn't "skill" per se~ beyond feeding enough quarters into the slot to "pattern" yourself properly.

Dedicated game platforms ran out of steam with me when $200 and $50 per game was upstaged and an annual obsolescence exercise. When the PC got included in the deal is when I bothered.

I enjoyed the morphing of BattleTech from its first offering up to about Mechwarior 3 ..where it turned into a reaction time game instead of a dual strategy/ingenuity game.

I belonged to a free formed Mechwarior clan based group. This was before there were common game servers for participants to access. We played head to head matches over the phone at dial up speeds.

Mercenaries and Heavy Gear were interesting twists to the basic format.

I'm fairly young, so retro games to me are things like TMNT Turtles in Time, Battletoads/Double Dragon, Super Mario World, Goldeneye 007 and Mario 64. Those were some of my favorite games growing up
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back