G13 coolant in Toyota?

Can I use G13 in a Toyota?

It seems common on Audi/VW, Mercedes, maybe BMW - and more

What's the best subforum to ask this?
A complete replacement/drain and fill. Maybe even a water flush prior to avoid cross-contamination.

I don't see why not. It has been designed for use in many different engine designs, such as:
-iron block
-iron liners
-aluminum block
-aluminum cylinder head
-plastic and rubber hoses

with benefits including but not limited to:
-decent lifespan
-rust inhibitors

The only potential issue I can think of is the specific formulation of the engine metal, like if it has silica content, how much, and so on.
And how the coolant interacts with that.

The cooling systems fluids & additives is the correct forum for coolant questions.

I would stick to the specified coolant. I had a VW GTI which uses the coolant in question as does my wife's Audi.

The coolant was designed by BASF which they name as G40.
Zerex sells it as G40.

The technology is known as Si-OAT. So it does contain silicates.
It would be the one coolant I use choose to keep on hand if I was a prepper, which I'm not.

Use the red asian coolant, don't use G13, the longevity of G13 is nowhere near red asian coolant. Just my opinion, I have seen many 100,000 mile jettas with G13 or G12 and not lasting anywhere near the "supposed" life.

BASF recommends G30 for almost any manufacturer using OAT coolant they didn't supply. G30 pattern OATs are probably the most common coolants around the globe.

POAT's market share in the global aftermarket is insignificant but that will change as VW, Ford and other western automakers start to field them. G40 on the other hand is on its way out.

Use whatever you want. But don’t cry once an issue happens and or there’s signs of rust in your reservoir

G13 is just another Euro Si-OAT with but with some enviro friendly glycerin mixed in, Toyota SLLC is just another Asian P-OAT, so if you use G13 in a Toyota you'll get a PSi-OAT. PSi-OAT coolant is the latest and greatest euro coolant with BMW, Volvo, VW, Audi, SEAT, etc now switching to PSi-OAT coolants, so you could say using G13 in a Toyota with SLLC will get you an even better coolant! But seriously Euro coolants use silicates to do the same job as Asian coolants do with phosphates in a OAT formulation so switching between the two won't be an issue in general. The only exception to that is the new CAB brazed heater cores in very new cars which is the reason that the European manufacturers and Ford have switched to coolants with phosphates.

Japanese vehicles use a phosphate in antifreeze. Germans use silicates in antifreeze. Japanese engines do not like silicates, bad for water pumps and seals.

Back