g0-5 Zerex in a mazda 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, we're buying a new to us Mazda 3 for my wife, and I would mind doing the coolant.

I have two fresh bottles of zerex coolant G0-5 I beleive, but it doesnt say for use in mazdas.

The current coolant in the mazda is green I beleive. Can I use the zerex stuff? I dont mind buying the Peak stuff if its the right stuff to use.

Thanks,

Ryan

I have an '08 Mazda 3. Page 290 of the owners manual warns against the use of coolant containing silicates. I think G-05 contains silicates. I would not use it. A gallon of full strength coolant is $20 at the mazda dealers.

If you have a newer model Mazda 3 the coolant is FL22 as indicated on the resevoir cap it has a 10yr/120,000 service interval. The older green coolant has a 5/60 service interval and is no longer available, they are both excellent coolants. FL22 is available premixed in 50/50 only, so a flush is out of the question. A simple drain yeilds about a little over a gallon. My advice use the Fl22 and do a drain and fill, buy two gallons so you have leftover for topoffs and check Ford and Mazda dealers for the best prices. Mazda coolants are phosphated and there is no similar aftermarket replacement. Bring the Z-05 back...

Originally Posted By: Dan55
If you have a newer model Mazda 3 the coolant is FL22 as indicated on the resevoir cap it has a 10yr/120,000 service interval. The older green coolant has a 5/60 service interval and is no longer available, they are both excellent coolants. FL22 is available premixed in 50/50 only, so a flush is out of the question. A simple drain yeilds about a little over a gallon. My advice use the Fl22 and do a drain and fill, buy two gallons so you have leftover for topoffs and check Ford and Mazda dealers for the best prices. Mazda coolants are phosphated and there is no similar aftermarket replacement. Bring the Z-05 back...

btw its actually 45/55, according to the actual bottles.

Hi guys the g0-5 is actually for the jeep, so I'm not worried if the mazda wont take it. Its an '06. does that help.

Thanks for the replies.

So the older coolant is not available ... Can I Mix FL22 with old One ?

My 3 was built in October '07 and did not come filled with FL22. I did a drain and fill at 30K in may with coolant from the dealer. I think it was called extended life or something like that.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
So the older coolant is not available ... Can I Mix FL22 with old One ?

your dealer lied to you, i have about 12 cases in stock.

What engine is in the Mazda 3? I imagine it's either the 2.0 or 2.3L Duratec's. In both of my Duratec's I use Zerox G05 what the manual recommends. I'd find it hard to believe theirs that much difference between the different years of Duratec's...

Does Mazda really recommend G-05? It contains both borates and silicates. Many Mazda owner's manuals (including some where the only available engines are Duratecs) explicitly state NOT to use any coolant containing either borates or silicates.

Originally Posted By: ponderosaTX
Does Mazda really recommend G-05? It contains both borates and silicates. Many Mazda owner's manuals (including some where the only available engines are Duratecs) explicitly state NOT to use any coolant containing either borates or silicates.

on the 3, the do not recommend it for either the 2.0 or 2.3l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back