G-Oil Bar and Chain Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this stuff because I cant go into HD without buying something. It was cheap. Like any nut I went online to read about it. The amazon dot com reviews say scary stuff like it ruined bars and oil pumps. Am I safe to use this on my new Husky?

Does it have industry ratings like TC-W3? If it's got industry ratings, it's been tested and approved. I went to the G-Oil website, and their products seem to have all of the appropriate approvals. It's a great ides, using soybean oil instead of dead dinosaurs.

Originally Posted By: 2cool
Does it have industry ratings like TC-W3? If it's got industry ratings, it's been tested and approved. I went to the G-Oil website, and their products seem to have all of the appropriate approvals. It's a great ides, using soybean oil instead of dead dinosaurs.

It is not soybean oil. I'm not sure he is talking about 2 stroke either.

The back of the jug says, "...made with American grown base oils and the power of nanotechnology." Lol. I mind as well give it a go.
Husqvarna specs nanotechnology lol.

Last edited:
Bar & chain oil, not 2 cycle oil for the engine. There is no industry spec for bar & chain oil?? Any oil with a tacky component would be OK. Maybe someone should sell the tacky component alone and then you could mix it with diesel fuel or old crankcase oil and have bar & chain oil.

It would be tough to get the tackifier out of the bottle if it was sold separately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back