G-Oil 5W30, 9003 mi, 2005 KIA Spectra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know G-Oil has a few "generations" of formulations, so for clarity, the G-Oil I used was in this jug...

screen-shot-2012-07-12-at-4-22-56-pm.png

Other notes: Car has K&N air filter which has been replaced with a Fram air filter until I can get a recharge kit. Oil filter was Purolator PureONE 14459 and was on it's first OC. Oil was in service for about 5 months. Miles are mostly highway, at least 75-80% of total. Car is not usually driven in this manner, but I wanted to stretch out the miles and see how far I could go. My typical interval has been about 7500-8000 miles with synthetic and 5000-6000 with quality conventional. First OC shown below is using Mobil 1 5W30 and the link to that thread is here.
Given my latest score, I now know how far I can go on this stuff. Hope this helps for those with a stash of G-Oil or those who will thanks to WallyWorld!

KiaUOA7Nov2013.png

I think 9k is stretching it. I'd stick with 7500-8000 and call it a day. Still, good report and I'd keep using G-Oil if it's cost-effective.

looks great and you ran it just to its limit where it is now time to change.

G-oil seems to turn in very good numbers but its not really a long drain oil That oil was shot before you changed it and I think blackstone's recommendation to go EVEN farther is unwarranted
they said stay with 9000-10000 but it was shot before 9003 you put on it.

I'd go 8000 and call it a day. maybe 6000-7000 if you short trip it in winter(below 40F).. not sure how your weather is there.

I'm curious as to why you say this oil was shot before it was changed.
The only alarming thing I see in this UOA is the TBN.
The wear metals measured are low and were actually lower for all than they were for M1 run for 2K fewer miles.
There was some shearing but this didn't seem to hurt anything.
Insoluables look exceptionally low for 9K.
I've finally started using my G-Oil FAR stash and UOAs like this one are very reassuring.

Previous OCIs did not have as many highway miles so is not apples to apples. But this report looks great! I do look forward to them appearing on a major retailer's shelves soon to be combined with a rebate offer. Currently getg has no rebate offers I can find. Boo!

They were on the shelves of a major retailer for a couple of years and had frequent, very generous rebate offers.
Their product is now being slowly clearanced from that major retailer's shelves.
Too bad for what seemed a promising oil.

G-OIL is available through Amazon.com. Just search Amazon for "Green Earth Technologies" for G-OIL and their other offered products.

This report looks great. I believe the company recommended 10,000 miles OCI with this oil. It's sad G-Oil is no longer sold at Walmart. At this same time, it's a bit of their own fault with the overly generous FAR promotions. I have a car that was running on FAR G-Oil 5W30 for a couple of years, and I still have 10 FAR quarts left..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JimCT
G-OIL is available through Amazon.com. Just search Amazon for "Green Earth Technologies" for G-OIL and their other offered products.

Sure it is, at absurd prices.
Walmart was GET's play for the big time.
That gambit has come and gone.
Too bad, and I doubt that I or anyone else here helped by loading up on the stuff at Walmart FAR.

I don't think Amazon's pricing is absurd at all. Take their 5W-30... Amazon has it listed by the case of 6qts for $45.27 including shipping. That works out to $7.55/qt shipped. Cheap? No. Absurd? No on that as well.

I think G.E.T. still could turn G-OIL into a boutique-style product and do quite well. They'll need to change their marketing, supply, and formulation strategy to do it, and not try to compete on price alone as they failed to do on Walmart's shelves... but I do think there is a market for G-OIL if G.E.T. played its cards right. They have a unique, niche product.

I looked at exactly that price and thought it was absurd as compared to the $26.00/jug the oil was offered for when it was regular Walmart stock.
It's on clearance now for even less in jugs that are now really dusty.
You may well be right in writing that GET can reposition this oil as a boutique product.
I would like to see this oil survive in the market.
More choices in oil is always a good thing.

The local Walmart in my area has about 4 jugs and at least 2 cases of 5w-30 on the clearance shelf. $5 for a quart, $19 A JUG (5QT). Someone should make an offer on the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back