FYI on SuperTech Gear Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious about their oils for LS rear ends so I emailed Warren Distribution and this is what they said. I sent the email on late Friday and received a response by the end of day Monday. Very good response time and very good company. This applies to syn and conv.

"Gary,

You asked about Supertech Gear Oils. They do contain friction modifier which makes them limited slip ready.

Ben Retzer​

Sr. R&D Chemist"

So, I am assuming that SuperTech gear oil bottle DOES NOT say on the front or back label that it has the LS additive ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
So, I am assuming that SuperTech gear oil bottle DOES NOT say on the front or back label that it has the LS additive ?

Correct. Warren's website and the bottle says "Recommended for..."

Hey, I know anecdotal evidence isn't great to go off of, but my dad's Altima has been using supertech ATF every 60k and the transmission in that car has about 325k miles all original. Shows me that their products are indeed, not garbage.

Their products are great, I'll be using their 75w-90 full syn in diff and TX case on next change (used Shaeffers first time) and will be switching to their PCMO oils when run out of my stash.

Having a Ford 9.75 with LS, I always add the Motorcraft friction modifier regardless of what fluid I use, the Ford LS is very picky.

Both my bottles of ST Gear oil (80w-90 Conventional and 75w-140 Syn) say something to the effect of "can be used for top up or complete fluid replacement in LS differentials". So while it does not say on the bottle "Contains Friction Modifiers" on it, it does seem pretty straight forward it has it in there.

Good to have confirmation from them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back