FYI - Amsoil's lineup of the new certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ofelas
Your guess is as good as mine ;-)

They got approvals for some of their Euro lines from BMW, MB, Porsche and VW. If they can meet those approvals, API is piece of cake.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Will they have the actual API Certifications?

Nothing in that link says that they will. The slight weasel-wording about it suggests they won't.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Will they have the actual API Certifications?

Nothing in that link says that they will. The slight weasel-wording about it suggests they won't.

I agree. That was the impression I got reading it. I thought I'd ask.

It's it a known fact that Amsoil doesn't get the certificate in order to give us, the customers a slightly better deal on the product?

Amsoil promises this to be their best, premium formula. Just because it's an API seal isn't on the bottle, it won't stop me from using it. Oil analysis would confirm good engine protection and = enjoy.

Now if only we could get it at competitive pricing...

DEO will be on its way out as well as the OE diesel oils. However, I would be curious with Amsoil having the new Signature Seies Max-Duty 5w30 CK-4 spec diesel oil, will it replace Amsoil's tried and true HDD Series 3000 5w30? The Upcoming Signature Series Max-Duty CK-4 5W30 is suppose to be Amsoil's best state of the art flagship oil. Really can't wait to see if Amsoil will seek the certification for the new oils.

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
DEO will be on its way out as well as the OE diesel oils. However, I would be curious with Amsoil having the new Signature Seies Max-Duty 5w30 CK-4 spec diesel oil, will it replace Amsoil's tried and true HDD Series 3000 5w30? The Upcoming Signature Series Max-Duty CK-4 5W30 is suppose to be Amsoil's best state of the art flagship oil. Really can't wait to see if Amsoil will seek the certification for the new oils.

AME, AMO and HDD are still good sellers, I don't see why DEO and DME could not continue to be sold too.

Yes, it will take some time for everyone's comfort level to adapt to the CK-4 version and will still want to use CJ-4 or CI-4+ in their equipment. There are some of us that have newer commercial trucks that we managed to avoid all the emissions nonsense on them and there is no appreciable need for CK-4. Not when we have been getting well over 1 million mile results from CI-4+ and CJ-4 oils already. This new stuff is for newer engines and emissions stuff. Not going to be any real improvement for the rest of us. I don't use it, but that is why Amsoil's AME 15w40 has been a consistent seller and still is.

I'm liking the fact they finally got on board with a 0W40 diesel. It's pretty common up here, but I've heard some folks south of the 49th mention it being difficult to find.
I think I will be trying it.

With how on the ball Amsoil is with their products, surprised no technical info is on the site for these new oils.

Shell Rotella T6 5W-30 specs are out....

Well, given the target market for these oils are primarily commercial, Amsoil is on the approved list of many of them. Detroit has had Amsoil in the 93K218 (CJ-4) approved list for some time. Volvo Trucks also has Amsoil on its approved list. Not much of a stretch to think that Amsoil will make the CK-4 approvals of many of the major diesel engine folks. The lists at just getting put together. Detroit 93K222 is the CK-4 spec list and it is pretty sparse at this time. They don't even have Schaeffer on the list yet and Schaeffer always make the cut.

HDD will continue to be in Amsoil's lineup, it's new stablemate DHD 5W30 is almost identical.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-06%20at%2003.32.13_zpsxya51afl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back