Futura Touring HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'am interested in purchacing 195-60-14 Futura Touring HR 60,000 mile ratrd tires from PepBoys. They are at a very good price right now and also come with a $50.00 PepBoys in store gift card which I want to use on a 4 wheel allignment. Has anyone tried these tires. These tires will be for my daughters '88 Honda Accord and she DOES NOT need anything special like Michelin, Perelli, Yokohama etc. She needs basic but good tires in the size listed above. I have dealt with The Tire Rack and Discount Tires Direct in the past with great success and saticfaction, but I'am choosing to stay localy for this purchace due to the out the door price of the Futuras' if the responces are favorable....... Responces Please...TIA

I have a different set of Futura touring tires that I can't find on the pepboys website anymore. Won them on ebay. Am happy so far with them... haven't tried them in snow yet but rain and dry are impressive. They aren't junk by any means.

Also have economy futuras on my dakota pickup that are also decent.

You'll probably get good value for your dollar if you get these.

Competative!

1)Instalation, valve stems, balancing...$15.00 each tire. This includes the $2.50 per tire NY State surcharge.

2)Balance and Rotation every 5,000 miles as long as you owne your vehicle in which these tires were installed. Also, free flat repare for the life of the tires.

3)Road Hazzard Program cost per tire all depends on the tire. Call your local PepBoys Store for details.

I personally have never purchaced a road hazzard program on any tires that I have purchaces in over 30 years unless it was already included in the installation cost like it is at SAM's CLUB. If a person is prone to bad roads and ruins tires on a regular basis, then this might be worth the extra cost.

Quote CharBaby:
"I personally have never purchaced a road hazzard program on any tires that I have purchaces in over 30 years unless it was already included in the installation cost like it is at SAM's CLUB. If a person is prone to bad roads and ruins tires on a regular basis, then this might be worth the extra cost. "

I'm the opposite. Every set of tires I buy the RoadHazzard.

Most tire dealers offer a free prorated R/H.

If tire has 50% of the tread left and unrepairable damage, you get 50% off the purchase of the new tire.

With the Road Hazzard I buy, I get full 100% of the tire dicounted of the replacement. Only out of pocket expense is if the tiregoes up in price.

At least one tire out of every set I have every bought for any vehicle has had a full 100% replacement and I re-coup my money plus some.

The city I live in was rated 3rd worst in the nation of populations under 500,000 having the worst roads.

I never tell others not to purchace a Road Hazard Program, I just don't purchace for myself. For me, I would have to pay $6.00-$8.00 or more per tire, then pay the pro-rated cost for another tire. By the time all is said and done, you've paid at or near full cost for the tire anyway. If I have to eat 1 or 2 tires in my lifetime, so be it, Im already ahead of the game. And I've been fortunate that I've never ruined a tire completly. Had many flat repares done on my tires over the years but that was always covered under the FREE flat repare that came with the tires themselves, or the shop that installed them. Most of the shops that I deal with are national chains that have been in business for years. Also, I have too many family and friends that have purchaced the Road Hazard Program on their tires only to be out of town when they had ruined their tire and had to purchace another tire from an unfamiler place at full cost anyway. Live and learn. I also don't purchace any extra service plans on cars, kitchen/landury appliances, electronics(T.V./ VCR's) etc. Im so far ahead of the game at this point, that I sent my daughter to collage. LOL...Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back