Funny/Sad real life situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, the Wal-Mart story just makes me shake my head. Yeah, it's not the law and all that rubbish, but is it REALLY that big of a deal? Sometimes I wonder if people who provoke situations as described in the link are just so whipped in the other facets of their life that they have to show that they're superior to some geriatric minimum-wage grunt?

My 2-cents, for what it's worth....

The door greeter over reacted (Walmart story). He is NOT Asset Protection and has NO responsibilities to apprehend or detain ANYONE. Simply asking for a receipt is not a detention.

I get your point, and I obviously didn't make mine very well, so I'll try again.

You're leaving Wal-Mart and the greeter asks to see your receipt. Is it really that big of an affront? Why?

Because at that point the item is YOURS. It is no different from someone approaching you on the street and asking you if you have a receipt for your clothes, wallet or handbag.

Except that Wal-Mart is private property, whereas the street is public. That's why they have the right to ask you to leave the store, not solicit in front of it, and, yes, even video-tape you while on the property without your consent.

Chasing after someone is stupid, I'll agree, but I guess I have other things in my life to get outraged about, because grammie asking to see my receipt on the way out doesn't even make the meter register. And maybe the fact that I've never given her grief about it is why she stopped asking me lately?

I should probably quit now since this is supposed to be a humor thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back