Fun to watch Amazon Tracking.

I get a kick out of watching the tracking on some packages. Most of the packages I get are routed thru Lenexa KS, usually from there they go to Omaha and then to me. This one seems to have taken a wrong turn and I like how it went from Hodgkins, IL to Omaha and back to Hodgkins, IL. Also note how many times it arrives and leaves the same place. I'll be lucky to get this one.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 9.04.30 AM.jpg

Is it coming via UPS? I ask because Hodgkins is a major UPS facility.

I often see the same things.... Packages will arrive/leave the same facility more than once. USPS is the same way..... Package will "depart" the same facility two or three times sometimes. In your case, I doubt it went back to Hodgkins a second time, but who knows.

Is it coming via UPS? I ask because Hodgkins is a major UPS facility.

I often see the same things.... Packages will arrive/leave the same facility more than once. USPS is the same way..... Package will "depart" the same facility two or three times sometimes. In your case, I doubt it went back to Hodgkins a second time, but who knows.
Yes sir, UPS. This package was supposed to be delivered to me on Wednesday. If it would have went to Omaha from Kansas City I would have received it Wednesday.

I've been told sometimes those are fictional.

Just to keep the buyer fulfilled and happy.

Well at least with UPS those are real places. With USPS you don't read the tracking like that. The town name is NOT where your package actually is (truth)

The ones I like are the ones that ship via rail (IE, UPS Ground). The places that show up are often just dots on the map, representing whatever scanner the train is passing whenever the tracking system decides it needs an update. Maybe just some tiny spot in the middle of the Mojave Desert!

Back