Fumoto Valve for Ford Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have a Fumoto valve to install on my Focus with the 2.0 Duratec. It has a recessed drain plug, but I'm not sure which adapter to get, whether the ADP-106 or ADL-106 The ADL-106 I know will work for sure because it adds an inch or so clearance from the pan.

Any one else installed one of these on a Duratec?

Did you contact QwikValve or another supplier that might know?? It doesn't seem like QwikValve's website has any adapters for the 2006 Focus 2.0 engines. I use an ADP-106 on the recessed pan of my Hyundai and I can eyeball it that it'll work but it's also specifically listed for the car...don't know about the ADL-106. That full inch seems like a lot on top of the valve for a passenger car unless its recess is bigger than I imagine.

No I did not. I have the F106, and found out trying to install it that it does not clear the pan. I have assumed that the ADP-106 will do what I need it to do, so I ordered one. If it does not work, I'm going to give up and send them both back. (I got them from Amazon) My current drain plug needs to be replaced, but I had to put it back on when the valve did not fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back