Full Throttle Energy Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Walmart earlier today, and Coca Cola had their company truck parked in front, along with a few hot chicks, to distribute free samples of their "Full Throttle" energy drinks. Now by free samples, they actually gave you an entire 16 oz (whatever the normal size) can free.

As for the taste, so-so. As for the energy, I don't know...I only drank 1/2 the can or so...but I do seem a bit more awake.

I certainly won't pay $2/can for this stuff...especially when $2 gets you 12 cans of generic cola at Sam's Club.

May daily energy drink consists of freshly juiced veggies and fruit. For example, I'll juice 6 sticks of celery, 5 large carots, 1 cucumber, 2 apples, 1 orange and a handful of parsley or watercress -- or whatever I have available. The result is a vitamin and enzyme overdose that's quite invigorating.
wink.gif

Last thing that the Western World needs is "Energy Drinks". Most of us can't burn the energy that we consume anyway.

Was an interesting test on the T.V. the other day.

They tested "energy drinks" versus chocolate milk at recovering from exercise.

Chocolate milk won every time, with a small boost of sugar, a little bit of caffeine, then the fat kicking in some time later.

Moribundman, I can't wait for warm wether so I can start growing wheat grass again.

I recommed the best juicer you can afford. Expect to pay upward of $200 for a heavy duty model that will last years. If possible, try out how loud the juicer is before you commit to buying it. Some are awfully loud and not really suitable for apartments! For my purposes, which is one liter juice a day, the Juiceman Jr is fine. It has a list price of $99, but I got mine for $39 at my yearly freakshow trip to Walmart. It comes with a 1 year warranty, and spare parts are available. In the worst case scenario, I'll get 2 years out of this $39 juicer, which isn't bad. For making juice for more than 2 people, you'd want to get a better-made heavy duty model.

I suggest you use only organic veggies and fruit, if you don't peel them. Also use a special cleaner Environee veggie wash to remove wax, oil and most pesticide.

Nothing beats fresh juice. You'll never go back to any store-bought, overpriced junk. The best part about fresh juice is that it contains all the enzymes that pasturized juice completely lacks.

Red Bull tastes gross. Sort of like totally artificially flavored gummi bears with a hint of cow arse. After a couple cans, people seem to run around like windup toys. This must be Austria's premier export beverage.

I have an occasional Red Bull no sugar variety. A real kick along. Mori's got a better idea with the juice. Mori add a bit of Ginger to your juice for some real 'zing'.

quote:

Mori add a bit of Ginger to your juice for some real 'zing'.

I've found adding GM Cooling System sealer pellets to my juice generates the same effect, since it's composed ground-up ginger root and walnut shells.
tongue.gif

I drank those little brown botles of whatever that stuff is that they chug in Japan. Didn't do much for me except lighten my wallet.
Yoko used to make me drink her concoctions from our juicer every morning. Sometimes not bad, but when broccoli and peppers started going in with oranges and apples and kiwi's I started trying to leave earlier....

I had an Asian Aloe-Vera drink from one of the numerous Asian deli's that abound in Canberra these days. Chunks of slimy stuff slithering down your throat. No I think I'l pass. Organic Elderflower drink is more my cup of tea.

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:
I've found adding GM Cooling System sealer pellets to my juice generates the same effect, since it's composed ground-up ginger root and walnut shells.
tongue.gif

Someone once told me that it was made of horse turds. Your theory makes more sense.

As for energy drinks, I'm a big fan. Don't know why really, I just like 'em. My favorite used to be Monster, but now I've discovered Red Jak, and I like the flavor better. Monster tastes mostly like a Red Bull clone, where Red Jak has a sort of cranberry taste.
I did discover that if you consume more than 3 or 4 cans of Monster in a day, your urine turns nitro-green! Looks like alien tinkle! It's pretty funny really. If I knew I was going to have to take a random drug screening, I'd make sure to drink plenty of that beforehand, just to see the look on the nurse's face when I peed out something roughly the color of a newer Lawn-Boy!
grin.gif

Kind of like the way lots of cheap grape soda will color your #2 bright green!
grin.gif
Can we say artificial coloring overload?

quote:

Moribundman, I can't wait for warm wether so I can start growing wheat grass again.

I see small pots with wheat grass in the supermarket here. I'm not sure how many I'd need to get even a tablespoon of juice out of it. Is wheat grass any good? Is it a superfood? I'm kind a too lazy to google it.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back