Full Synthetic or Blend for new F-150 5.0

I picked up a ‘22 F-150 5.0 early in the year. The factory fill is Motocraft 5W30 blend.

I plan on keeping this truck as long as possible.

I’m not doing anything crazy with the truck besides normal homeowner work and hobbies.

Price not being a factor, would you guys recommend continuing with the Motorcraft blend or go to full synthetic?

Tell me what will be your oil change intervals ? Shorter semi syn longer full syn. Todays oils, semi syn or full syn are both great oils. I doubt there will be a difference if you don't push the oil change intervals respectively with the full syn or semi syn. That about the trans and differential/ transfer case if 4X4

It has also gotten to the point that full synthetic is much easier to find (If you can find anything judging by my local Wallly Mart shelves) than the syn blend. I have a 21 with the 5.0. I started it out on M1, not because I'm a fanboy, but because M1 had their annual rebate going when I purchased. I probably will begin a steady diet of QSFS (assuming they have it in stock) after the next oil change; I have enough M1 left over that the next change will be M1. Good luck.

On my 2021 F150 with the 5.0, I am using M1EP. At $26 for 5 qts the price is the same as MC blend. The OLM takes me to about an 8,000 mile interval, so I wanted an extended life oil.

The only reason I wouldn't use the MC blend is the cost as mentioned, other wise I would have no issues with it and it seems Ford thinks it's a good oil. I think it's also turned in some good UOA's.

Trucks and cars cost a lot of money. It only makes sense to use the best oil possible to make them last. I switched to full synthetic 22 years ago. Also, from what I have read, the Motorcraft full synthetic is a pretty good oil, so using it makes more sense than using the blend.

I used MC blend in my F-150 for several years and it's good oil, just too **** expensive now, I switched to PP last year.

In my 21’ f150 5.0 I am running chevron supreme 5w30 its a semi that meets all the ford specs. My oil change is annual and will most likely be less than 3000 miles per year and not more than 5000. I got 25 quarts of chevron on rebate and my full oil change with filter is less than $16. The 5.0 takes 8 qts. Yearly oil changes are what the owners manual states is required by Ford. Watch out pulling the filter it makes a hell of a mess.

Back