Full-SAPS A3/B4 A40-style Euro lube with a twist...

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
It's a 0w-20!
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 6.01.17 PM.png

I made the mistake of asking Dave @High Performance Lubricants if they could do their Euro Super Car 0w-40 (502/505, A3/B4, A40, 229.5, A40...etc), but in a 0w-20. He said of course they could. Thought it was a neat idea. Obviously it isn't licensable/appropriate for those approvals because the HTHS isn't high enough, but it's the same additive package.

So, imagine my surprise when he told me he'd already requested to have it made-up only a couple of days later then sends me the above PDS. VI is reasonably low, so very little VII. Base oil blend is PAO/POE/AN's. They haven't run MRV on it yet, he's going to update the PDS when they do. HTHS is high for a 0w-20 of course, due to the base oil blend.

I've ordered two cases, shipping will of course be brutal, so more is better so I'm not getting boned multiple times.

Then he decides to be a total goofball with my order and sends me this, lol, I just about died laughing:
IMG_1761.jpg

What a guy, hahahah :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, its in their catalog now, I suspect just as Super Car 0w-20, without the hilarious personalized bottles. Part # is visible on the bottle in case anyone else is interested in it.

Thats too THICK I think he was talking about running the coolant at 140f or 160f and using a 0w8..
He knows better than the engineers. Of course he can buy a couple more if that one implodes.
something about how Motul? 0w8 has a higher HTHS than a 0w40 (if you run the oil so cold it doesnt activate some additives).

Honestly I quit reading about there as its utter nonsense.

I think bitog needs a 0w30 thats green and smells like gummy bears for some custom nostalgia
A little bird told me about a thread in which a certain delusional former member is making allusions to how this concept is somehow derivative of their incessant advocacy for running Redline 5W-30 in the HEMI, and that he deserves credit. I do admit the mental gymnastics required to come to that conclusion are impressive! Quite creative.

As I CLEARLY articulated in the OP, the motivation behind this oil has to do with my fondness for Full-SAPS Euro lubes, which long pre-dates said individual's brief and rather unremarkable membership here. This is entirely consistent with my recognition of the performance, and use, of oils in that category like M1 0W-40, Castrol 0W-40, Ravenol SSL 0W-40...etc. This was inspired by my years of interaction with Doug Hillary.

I haven't done a VOA or UOA yet, so I have no idea what the moly levels are. The levels of any specific additive never entered the picture when I jokingly asked Dave if he could put a full-SAPS Euro additive package in a 0W-20 for me. The focus was on the overall AW chemistry of the oil that was the original SRT oil (M1 0W-40), which I consider one of Mobil's "best efforts" and a considerable step-up from your basic API/ILSAC resource conserving offerings. I've consistently run A40/LL-01/229.5/502 00 Euro lubes in all my 6.4's, and some of them (Ravenol) have had no moly in them at all, instead using Tungsten.

In the case of what the FM levels in this oil do end up looking like? Well, they are whatever Dr. Rudnick chose as part of his formulation efforts in working with the additive package selected and gave him the best results. What that ends up being is of no consequence to me, it could be titanium and borated esters, it could be a dimer/trimer moly blend, it could be a trimer/tungsten blend...etc. Ultimately, it's the formulator's decision and I trust his expertise.

I'll also add that this oil is not designed to "fix" or "mask" any perceived deficit or mechanical issue with the engine. None of my HEMI's have ticked or made any sort of worrisome noise. I'm of the mind that the Full-SAPS Euro additive packages, with the extensive testing employed and requirement to stand up over extended drains, is about as "good as it gets", and if I could get that in a viscosity that was appropriate for our truck, why wouldn't I? So here we are.

Perhaps this explanation wasn't necessary, but I'm not particularly fond of having my motivations inaccurately portrayed. If you'd like to know why he was actually banned, I'm sure if you PM'd a mod they could give you the reason.

Last edited:
A little bird told me about a thread in which a certain delusional former member is making allusions to how this concept is somehow derivative of their incessant advocacy for running Redline 5W-30 in the HEMI, and that he deserves credit. I do admit the mental gymnastics required to come to that conclusion are impressive! Quite creative.

As I CLEARLY articulated in the OP, the motivation behind this oil has to do with my fondness for Full-SAPS Euro lubes, which long pre-dates said individual's brief and rather unremarkable membership here. This is entirely consistent with my recognition of the performance, and use, of oils in that category like M1 0W-40, Castrol 0W-40, Ravenol SSL 0W-40...etc. This was inspired by my years of interaction with Doug Hillary.

I haven't done a VOA or UOA yet, so I have no idea what the moly levels are. The levels of any specific additive never entered the picture when I jokingly asked Dave if he could put a full-SAPS Euro additive package in a 0W-20 for me. The focus was on the overall AW chemistry of the oil that was the original SRT oil (M1 0W-40), which I consider one of Mobil's "best efforts" and a considerable step-up from your basic API/ILSAC resource conserving offerings. I've consistently run A40/LL-01/229.5/502 00 Euro lubes in all my 6.4's, and some of them (Ravenol) have had no moly in them at all, instead using Tungsten.

In the case of what the FM levels in this oil do end up looking like? Well, they are whatever Dr. Rudnick chose as part of his formulation efforts in working with the additive package selected and gave him the best results. What that ends up being is of no consequence to me, it could be titanium and borated esters, it could be a dimer/trimer moly blend, it could be a trimer/tungsten blend...etc. Ultimately, it's the formulator's decision and I trust his expertise.

I'll also add that this oil is not designed to "fix" or "mask" any perceived deficit or mechanical issue with the engine. None of my HEMI's have ticked or made any sort of worrisome noise. I'm of the mind that the Full-SAPS Euro additive packages, with the extensive testing employed and requirement to stand up over extended drains, is about as "good as it gets", and if I could get that in a viscosity that was appropriate for our truck, why wouldn't I? So here we are.

Perhaps this explanation wasn't necessary, but I'm not particularly fond of having my motivations inaccurately portrayed. If you'd like to know why he was actually banned, I'm sure if you PM'd a mod they could give you the reason.
I feel like I remember this individual

Back