FULL 6951 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used my Lexus as a lab rat and ran this oil filter made by FULL. The only thing I ever found in the web was someone (from BITOG, imagine that) pulling a filter off a neglected Subie and the thing was packed with sludge and such, and was holding up like a Spartan.
24.gif

Ran this thing with a mix of 5qt of PP 5w30 and the rest (~2qt) of PP 10w30. The filter came out exactly as it went in, the media didn't notice the interval. When I tried to pry the end caps off, as gently as I could, the end caps cracked. I think they used 2 part epoxy on this thing.
laugh.gif
The pleats were nice and stout when agitated by dissection. Ended up just cutting the media out. This little guy puts my beloved WIX to shame, though I have no idea what the efficiency is like.

In went a NAPA Gold 7173, and Valvoline full syn HM w/maxlife tech, ugh, why they re named it in such a complicated manner is beyond me. Was cheaper than PP this time around, though NOACK is +1.6%, but it is a tad thicker, and it shows, well..tells (cams).

Before it went in with WIX next to it.

And the NAPA G that went in. Not the same as the actual WIX.

Filter looks good .... Dyusik, thanks for your effort and posting these pics for us to see
smile.gif

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back