Fuel Quality--High Sulfer Damage

Add FP60 and FP3000 to the list of what will clean elemental sulfur out of the fuel system. "safe for your silver" ! Terry

JHZR2

Staff member
I wonder how much sulfur these adds actually remove from the surface... "just enough", which would be my impression, or "nearly all". I havent seen reproducible results of more than ~70% sulfur removal from metallic surfaces of Pd in 'real' regeneration processes. then again, Im studying similar phenomena from a completely different angle. A little benzene spike should be able to clean off the sulfur from Pd surfaces without issue... especially on a hot day. How the complexation and thus cleaning works on Ag I cannot say for certain... depends on the competitive adsorption rates at ambient temperatures. Havent studied Ag to know. JMH [ May 13, 2006, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: JHZR2 ]

yes shell did gt in trouble. someone accifdentaly, i read, turned a switch or knob, that is supposed to regualte the sulher removal form the feul, was turned off. so the sulher, contaminated the good feul. thats what i read. it was a 'human' error.