fuel pump replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,It hasn't been my week.First I had overheating issues in my wife's car and now I have a electric fuel pump going out on a 92 s-10 4.3 v6 tbi.4x4.Last one lasted about 2 years.It was from O'reiley's.What should I get to replace it with?I think everyone is gonna say dealer part.Right?I'm just not sure how much a dealer part will cost.

If you get just the pump, not the sender, it's not too pricey. On my 94 I had to get a sender (top rusted out) and I reused the original pump. Was real easy to move over.

Rockauto shows the original delphi for $74, find a 5% coupon code to help cover the shipping.

Delphi. It's getting ACDelco without the extra price added on.

O'Reilly at least used to have Delphi pumps a few years ago, but it will cost much more than $74. Their less expensive pumps were Carter which were decent, but they are Airtex now IIRC which seem to be hit/miss.

You can get a Delphi pump at your nearest Carquest parts store now.Carquest used to sell Airtex,nothing but problems and lots of returns.Aftermarket fuel pumps are junk and do not last

Delphi doesn't need to be expensive. We have a local auto parts house that carries Delphi for the prices I'm seeing here.

I would get a good used OEM one from a auto wreacker. Get one from a low milage insurance wreck. I paid $75 for a Malibu plastic tank with pump. They told me tank was $60 and $75 with the pump. Got it home and took out $25 worth of good gas...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back