Fuel Power and Catalytic convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a cat go out and was reading that some addatives can cause a failure, in this case it broke apart inside. This failure occured in about 2 or 3 days, maybe 30 miles or 40. I am gonna check out the motor a tad before throwing another cat on but just checking if its possible. BTW only 1 of 2 blew. I figure its a bad cat but ide rather it not happen again lol, so Im checking into all options.

what are you saying? Did you just start using FP? Was there a driveability problem you were trying to cure (that might have been the cat all along or a contributor to its demise)? More data please.

Yeah, add a little more info ..mileage, symptoms before the event, etc. I don't put too much into any agent causing a cat/sensor failure theories. That's just based on my experience. I have never owned a twin cat system ..but I do know that in over 165k in one vehicle ..I've subjected it to every known agent on the "mechanic in a can" isle fuel treatments and many other combustion chamber cleaners (ATF, H20) and MASSIVE amounts of heavy oil smoke (bad valve seals) fogging ..and have yet to have a failure resulting in not passing emissions. Your situation appears to be one of disintegration, which I would have a hard time, again based on my experience, attributing to a combustion cleaner/fuel treatment. I imagine it's possible however.

Is it actually bad, or is only broken up inside? They can be two different things. My cat has been "bad" for well over 100,000 miles, in that it's broken to pieces internally and makes a rattling noise at idle. I've been told to replace it at least half a dozen times by the dealer, but I keep passing the state emission tests with flying colors, and no codes have been set because of it.

yeah its broken up inside, no drivability issues car runs like a top as far as I can tell Ive also done some data logging to see what she is doing an everythign seems normal. The exhaust system is brand new and was on 3 days when it started rattling at idle and it doenst always rattle or atleast it get real quiet somedays then others it rattles real loud. I looked at both cats after they arrived at my house and they seemd alright but I dont know what would make one of them crumble so fast. I have an 94 LT1 (350) with 85k miles on it. BTW im sure its not the heat sheild and IVe used fuel power before but I didnt have cats just open headers

Strange, I just took smog test today. Even i regularly supply the FP every fill up gas. The smog test was passed, surprised the smog HC, NO, and CO was very lowest than previous. I can see FP really very effective!

quote:

Originally posted by fasty:
Strange, I just took smog test today. Even i regularly supply the FP every fill up gas. The smog test was passed, surprised the smog HC, NO, and CO was very lowest than previous. I can see FP really very effective!

One of the best benefits of FP is the reduction in harmful emissions!

sounds to me like the ceramic monolyth just crumbled... Probably due to heat cycling and age. I dont think anything that an additive could put through would cause this.

Ill bet additives can ruin the catalyst activity by putting compounds that are catalyst poisons through the system... But I doubt that they could contribute to a failure of the support structure like that.

JMH

LCD,

Yes, i can see it really work very well. I love FP and LC. I wont mess with any chemical but ONLY FP and LC. I am very satisfied.
worshippy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back