Fuel Power 60 vs Fuel Power Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is the newer FP+ doing compaired to the older FP? Are these one of the better fuel system cleaners to be had? How is Techron compaired to FP? I've been out of this forum for a long time and need to brush up onmy fuel system skills....lol! Thanks!

FP+ works great for me... I use it at 1oz / 10 US Gal everytime I fill up!
wink.gif

I alternate between both. Not sure there is a difference in performance. Both work great. FP60 seems to smell stronger. I like Plus since I dispense it in an old large size Stabil bottle. So, it is a little less mess and I can measure it accurately.

So FP products are proven to keep the whole fuel systme clean and lubercated? How long will it take FP to clean up a 50,000 mile car? I bought a used Volvo and I'd like to clean up and maintain the fuel system.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
So FP products are proven to keep the whole fuel systme clean and lubercated? How long will it take FP to clean up a 50,000 mile car? I bought a used Volvo and I'd like to clean up and maintain the fuel system.

I asked them this and they said for my application which had 60K Miles on it and didn't have any existing problems, to use 2oz per 10 Gal for the first 5 or 6 tanks then go to a maintenance dose of 1oz per 10 Gal. I followed this and seen a good improvement in performance. The oil also seems to stay cleaner looking on the dipstick for longer using this.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC

I asked them this and they said for my application which had 60K Miles on it and didn't have any existing problems, to use 2oz per 10 Gal for the first 5 or 6 tanks then go to a maintenance dose of 1oz per 10 Gal. I followed this and seen a good improvement in performance. The oil also seems to stay cleaner looking on the dipstick for longer using this.
wink.gif

That is using the FP+?

That's a good question... I'm not sure if I was using FP+ or just FP back then... I will have to check and get back to you. Although I wouldn't think FP+ in the same dose would hurt anything...
thumbsup2.gif

How long will it take FP to clean up a 50,000 mile car? I bought a used Volvo and I'd like to clean up and maintain the fuel system.

use a fuel inj cleaner first, then FP+ 2oz/10g, then 1oz/10gal

and shell gas
04.gif

I order is online... Really sucks because you get $#!@ with duty and shipping with "brokerage" fee's, but it's such a great product IMO it's worth every penny!

I'm going to order my next batch to my friends in Kentucky and pick it up when I'm down there or have them bring it up when they come because a jug lasts forever and I will see them before I'm out.

Where are you near Toronto? I can order and extra jug if you want.

cheers3.gif

Steve
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Just a quick question for the guys using FP+ in Canada. Where do you get FP+? Or do you order online?

Ordered online direct from LCD.

I'd love for there to be a Canadian distributor. Of course I go through it so slowly that a gallon lasts me years....

Quote:
I order is online... Really sucks because you get $#!@ with duty and shipping with "brokerage" fee's, but it's such a great product IMO it's worth every penny!

I'm going to order my next batch to my friends in Kentucky and pick it up when I'm down there or have them bring it up when they come because a jug lasts forever and I will see them before I'm out.

Where are you near Toronto? I can order and extra jug if you want.

Steve

I live in Brampton.

I am currently running Lucas UCL, but it will run out soon, and FP+ looks like a pretty good deal.

So if you get a chance, you can pick one extra gallon and PM me with the price and pick up location. I am really curious how it's gonna work in my car.

KrisZ,

Why don't I give you some to try first (No charge) and if you like it then I will add you to my order.

It's good stuff IMO and really makes a difference once you have run a few tanks.
thumbsup2.gif

I'm scheduled to be in Brampton in the future for work. PM me with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you and we can make arrangements to get it to you when I'm in Brampton in coming weeks.

cheers3.gif

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back