Fuel Injector Cleaners vs. Fuel System Cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone clearly define the difference(s) between the two? Every third oil change on my vehicles I use a bottle of Chevron Techron, but the newer Chevron Pro-Gard products are cheaper and seem to perform the same functions. I've read up on both types at the Chevron website and there seems to be a lot of "over lap" in their claims...not to mention the fact that the descriptions don't answer my original question.

Lastly, anyone have any opinions of the newer Valvoline SynPower fuel additives? CSK sale price/coupons make them appealing...

Thanks.

M_C

Fuel Injection Cleaner

pretty much just cleans injectors restores injector efficiency, decreases exhaust emissions and improves fuel atomization.

Fuel System Cleaner

Are Formulated to clean intake valves, combustion chambers and fuel injectors.

I've had pretty good luck with the FP60 (a site sponsor). Just thought I would add that. I actually saw a slight gain in MPG when I started using it. It acts as an upper cylinder lubricant also. However, it really needs to be used in every tank (but it is cheap enough to do that).

Quote:

fp60 is not a ucl i was suprised when i found out..fp3000 is an ucl

To be clear - FP60 DOES lubricate the fuel system (tank, pump, injectors) very well, but is marginal on lubricating the Upper Cylinder area (although it cleans it very well) so LCD does not claim it to be a "UCL" per se.

FP3000 was designed to have better UCL characteristics and to use more "renewable" ingredients for those seeking a true UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back