Fuel for 2018 Grand Caravan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tiger862
That is under regular 3.6 as well as in general section. You even quoted the flex fuel where it states greater than 87 octane. I have flex fuel. I don't expect any improvements other than a little more cleaners. I could add a bottle at each tank but cost would wash out.

Yes, I posted that because you said you purchased mid-grade. I was pointing out that the manual states there will be no performance benefit from that grade.

Perhaps a higher level of detergents as you say but that is dependent on the retailer.

Observation from running midgrade.
1. Smoother idle.
2. Smoother ride at low speeds.
3. Transmission shifts are smoother.
My drives mostly consists of low speed driving with distance of 10 miles or less one way with lots of idling with A/C since wife sits in vehicle while I go get what is needed from store at times (in wheelchair)
Can't tell about difference in fuel mileage since tank of regular had to go 250 miles through small towns country roads.
22.1 regular 455 miles
18.9 midgrade 150 miles

After a tank I went back regular fuel. I found another spot in manual that states 87 and up on flex motor. Mileage is 19.8 on this tank. Getting smoother by day. I think with it sitting on lot not driven was culprit for rough idle and shifting. Maybe I will get some Lucus fuel treatment and run in next tank to finish cleaning out what older gas has left behind .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back