Fuel dilution on TGDI

Another thread on dilution. Just had an oil change on 2.3L Explorer. I had installed a JLT oil separator. The catch can on the separator was near full and was mostly gasoline. No way I would run one of these engines over 5,000 miles without an oil change.

very dependant on engine.

My jeep 2.0T doesnt have oil level rise or any other issue.
it does BEAT the oil up. I stay far away from the stock 10k OCI.
4k winter oci 6k max rest of year.
Comes out stinky and black as tar.

The hemi ram with 8k miles is not as coal black as that stuff.

Another thread on dilution. Just had an oil change on 2.3L Explorer. I had installed a JLT oil separator. The catch can on the separator was near full and was mostly gasoline. No way I would run one of these engines over 5,000 miles without an oil change.
My hyundai 2.0t is also a major dilluter.
Cold canada makes it much worse....we are short trippers.
5000 kms or under is my usual oci with this beast.

I would if mine didn't have a fuel dilution issue. I wouldn't if it does. Luckily none of my EB have had a fuel dilution issue. Buddy commutes 20 mi each way to and from work in a mild climate in a Ranger with that engine and his doesn't dilute.

Back