Fuel dilution numbers

If your fuel dilution numbers are a bit high,would a 1000 mile interstate trip that really works the oil versus your normal, shorter trips,change the percentage?Or once the fuel gets in the oil,it stays?I last year changed my oil in my 2019 Tiguan at 5000 miles i stead of factory 10,000,it was O.K.I went then on a long trip with fresh oil.Curios on what this situation would do?I use Polaris labs.

It depends how fast the engine is dumping gasoline into the oil, vs. the ratio of how fast that same engine is capable of evaporating it off with high oil temps, crankcase ventilation, etc. It has to be better than 1:1 or else it will accumulate.

If your fuel dilution numbers are a bit high,would a 1000 mile interstate trip that really works the oil versus your normal, shorter trips,change the percentage?Or once the fuel gets in the oil,it stays?I last year changed my oil in my 2019 Tiguan at 5000 miles i stead of factory 10,000,it was O.K.I went then on a long trip with fresh oil.Curios on what this situation would do?I use Polaris labs.
What did the analysis show for your Tiguan? Can you post it please?

Gasoline is composed of a surprising number of components and, IIRC, some of them have surprisingly high evaporation points. So I believe a long highway drive will eliminate a lot of the fuel dilution but the higher evaporation elements will remain. That being said, it’s hard to say that, within reasonable limits, it really matters.

Back