Fuel additive for better mpg

I wanna try some European fuel additive for a diesel car. Is there Any brand you experts can recommend?

Just for better mpg

if you want to spend less money to drive your car, forget about the additives, they will only end up costing you much more. No real savings in fuel to be had

Drive style has bigger effect.
Yep you need to change your driving style for better fuel mileage. Cleanmpg.com is good website to learn the basics. The owner Wayne Gerdes holds a number of Guinness World records for fuel mileage.

He drove from San Diego to Jeckle Island Ga. stopping only once for gas and still had fuel in the tank. I can't remember the car it was either a Kia Optima or Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. Those guys on that website know how to squeeze the most miles out of a gallon of fuel.

Sometimes you need to flog the car, so the turbo vanes don't stick.

You can waste your money on Liqui Moly if you want, if you want to pay extra money for a "Made in Germany" brand product.

But, go to your local truck stop and see what additives they sell, and if it's good enough for Heavy Duty diesels, it's more than adequate for light duty diesels

Usually, there is a cleaner + cetane improver + lubricity, a cleaner + cetane improver + lubricity + anti-gel, or just an emergency anti-gel.

I wanna try some European fuel additive for a diesel car. Is there Any brand you experts can recommend?

Just for better mpg
--fuel additives are ok, it will clean & protect the system.
but this will not improve mileage as much as you think.

He drove from San Diego to Jeckle Island Ga. stopping only once for gas and still had fuel in the tank.
Almost 2500 miles or over 1200 miles on a tank of fuel ? I'm looking for more information on this 'cause I don't believe it. Found it 😳

--fuel additives are ok, it will clean & protect the system.
but this will not improve mileage as much as you think.
Plus those supposed fuel economy improvements are typically based on some sort of cleaning of deposits that are detrimental to mileage. They aren’t reforming the fuel or some other sort of thermodynamic magic and providing higher energy density. If your engine doesn’t need cleaning or need the specific cleaning the additive is predicated upon then the additive isn’t going to do anything.

Just for better mpg
A fuel additive may clean things out a bit. Injectors for example, which may improve the running/operation which in turn should improve mpg.
Using premium diesel which has additives will help in keeping things clean thereafter and maintain any improvements the original additive provided.
Liqui Moly make a number of diesel additives that you could check out and decide what you want to try.
Good luck.

Almost 2500 miles or over 1200 miles on a tank of fuel ? I'm looking for more information on this 'cause I don't believe it. Found it 😳

Looked it up. He apparently gets up to 59 MPG, but does stuff like draft off of semis.

Back