Fuchs titan SL Long Life Plus 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys.
What you guys know about this oil? Does any one try this oil? What was the results?
Cheers.
smile.gif

Looks like one of those oils specially designed to meet certain OEM specs, mostly VW 506.01. So don't use it unless you need that spec. I think it's not ideal in engines that do best on 40 weight oils. For instance, my VW 1.8T would burn that stuff up during sustained high speed driving. It even burned GC at 12cst viscosity in such conditions but never noticably burned any 14 cst or higher viscosity oils. But if you have such an engine and do little more than drive around town for 5 minutes each trip, something thinner like this oil would be fine and probably even ideal.

It also has VW 503 which is a gasoline standard: so why not use it in the 1.8T? Most 1.8T in Europe are on the 503.00 unless run under severe conditions: short runs and the like. Then its 10.000 and 502.00. The only difference between 502.00 and 503.00 is the cost, which is not an issue if run for 20,000, and possibly the quality. 503 is high quality.

Hi.
Thanks for the in put.My car doesn't call any of above mentioned specifications as it is a Toyota Camry.Most of car dealers in Sydney using castrol FMX 10w-30 petroleum base engine oil.Which has 9.6 cts at 100c' and never seen any oil related problem.
even summer temperature 42c' we use this FMX oil.On Holden's and Hyundai's never had any oil related problems.

Note:
Engine oils according to VW standards 503 00, 503 01, 506 00 and 506 01
must not be filled in vehicles up to model year 2000 (Y). "
Does any one know why?

I'm not absolutely certain, but I think it's simply because before the 2000 model year, the (VW) engines didn't have the sensors fitted for on-board oil-life monitoring (OLM) for which those VW standards were conceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back