Fubo TV

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I use the Amazon Fire stick with Prime and have plenty of free options to watch and more and more everyday.
Just saw a Fubo TV option starting at around $65 a month. Not interested in it but that seems a bit stout..

I use the Amazon Fire stick with Prime and have plenty of free options to watch and more and more everyday.
Just saw a Fubo TV option starting at around $65 a month. Not interested in it but that seems a bit stout..
Any streaming service offering Sports and Network TV are in that range. Everybody wanted "cable free" options, now streaming services are creeping up to the prices of cable companies. LOL! If you don't need sports or networks Philo TV s a LEGAL option.

Any streaming service offering Sports and Network TV are in that range. Everybody wanted "cable free" options, now streaming services are creeping up to the prices of cable companies. LOL! If you don't need sports or networks Philo TV s a LEGAL option.
Exactly what I was thinking.

We've been using FuboTV since September. Dropped Xfinity tv service for it. Fubo is awesome. No more set-top-boxes and our TV (and DVR) now goes with us everywhere.

We have their top package, which comes in at $79/month. Well worth it and far and away better than any wired or satellite service we've had in the past.

We love it.

Live TV and live sports are not cheap. The $15 a month TV services are 100% reruns.
Do you honestly think an upstart new company is going to get a better pricing from content providers over DirecTV or Dish or Cable companies like Comcast or Cox. No its not going to happen.

We have a subscription to Amazon Prime, membership in Maryland Public TV so I can stream, Nova, Frontline, etc, and a subscription to Malamar TV service. Antenna in the attic gets Baltimore and DC with a bajillion small UHF stations from PA to Richmond.
So many options on the Roku and net-casting.
We've even dropped Netflix.
We take the Roku with us.

Reactions: JC1
We have a subscription to Amazon Prime, membership in Maryland Public TV so I can stream, Nova, Frontline, etc, and a subscription to Malamar TV service. Antenna in the attic gets Baltimore and DC with a bajillion small UHF stations from PA to Richmond.
So many options on the Roku and net-casting.
We've even dropped Netflix.
We take the Roku with us.
I’ve got a Roku now along with an antenna I only will watch free content

Sadly Roku randomly pops an HDCP error, had to goof around for hours to get the bastard to work at all
I would love to use the things on antique TVs but sadly that is a guarantee HDCP error

HDCP should be illegal

I wanted a TIVOTV stick but couldn’t find any in stock, given the more powerful chip, storage and architecture I could have paired up lots of extras even antique game emulation,
sadly the Roku requires surface mount desoldering and a eeprom programmer to sideload an alternative being an SOC sucks, was hoping someone would have gotten a better way to hack them by now

Ah well can’t complain too much about a $15 device but given the thing has an automatic security failure if you attach an old TV has me want to say it’s criminal that the **** thing doesn’t just work, if I want to use an outdated TV or monitor it should be none of their business

One of my elderly relatives bought one without owning a PC or Smartphone, the setup process on a device that supposedly replaces a smart tv or smart phone is total garbage, I had to use my own credentials to set the thing up for them
then it refused to detect her bedroom TV which causes the device to block all content, what a POS

Had to put it on the newer living room tv and it will still occasionally flake out, for a free device they definitely make it hard to set up without a credit card, another hurdle

Last edited:
Rmay,
Went through the same HDCP problem with an older TV.
I swapped the box with a Roku stick in a different room. Plugged the stick into the same HDMI slot and it didn't give me the errors I got with 3 different cables. Box with cables didn't give me an error with the newer TV. I understand copywrite protection, but the cable sensing is a stupid way to try to enforce it.

I like when an antenna is hooked to a roku TV set the antenna channels are combined with the roku internet channels it makes for a nice TV guide

I like when an antenna is hooked to a roku TV set the antenna channels are combined with the roku internet channels it makes for a nice TV guide
This is identical to LG Smart TVs but unlike a Roku TV a bad account won’t brick the set (true story)

Personally the way LG handles stations is the most streamlined that I’ve seen and easier for a computer illiterate, better free content too but not buying an LG for smart content .

I'm pretty sure that at one time all TV was free.
It’s still is to a large degree. We get over 25 channels through our attic antenna which of course includes all the major networks. The best part is being my wife and I are perfectionists with sound and picture the major networks video quality through your own antenna is far superior to pay TV.
These channels are distributed to five TVs in our house.

We then have Roku players on six TVs in our house and there is much much much free programming and movies on that as well. However we choose to also subscribe to Netflix and Hulu, total cost for our television entertainment is less than $25 a month and it is absolutely positively retarded at all the programming that we have available to watch and can never watch, just plain stupid 🙃

As Americans we are just so spoiled with everything and have money willfully leaking out of our paychecks left and right thinking that life is hard 🤪

I have been streaming a ATT product ( DirecTV stream is the current name) for several years now thru a 4K Amazon Firestick. My grandfathered package is $69. Most of the reason I have it is CNBC. It is $25 dollars or so a month if you stream directly from them. At that point it makes sense to keep the package I have to get the live sports, PBS, Formula One, local channels, HBO main feed, and no extra fee for streaming on other devices. I think I have about a 130 channels.(75% worthless IMO). It has a 20 hour DVR with 90 day storage, lots of video on demand that's semi decent. Along with my $45 for life 667gb fiber I'm in for $115 a month. My only subscription is YouTube Premium which get you YouTube Music also for $12. Could I live without cable, yes, and I have done so in the past.

Back