FSD Beta v10

I was nervous just watching it. The idea of self driving is good but not until all the bugs are worked out because of just what I saw here. Some people are going to have a good experience in their area and start trusting the computer and not paying attention then end up in her situation or trust their version and find the upgrade does things differently but not necessarily better.

I was almost killed due to a Tesla doing auto braking just yesterday. I was following him at a reasonable distance for interstate speeds in the left most lane. We were in a construction area, so even lower than normal speeds. A DOT pickup towing a highly reflective trailer cut from the right lane, in front of the Tesla and onto the shoulder. While it was abrupt, and not the safest, neither one of us would have had to hit the brakes. Instead the Tesla threw out the anchors and came to a darn near dead stop. I locked up both tires on my motorcycle...only the second time ever for locking up the front. I am just so thankful the guy behind me was paying attention.

For reference, my Buick does the same thing...totally overreacts to some braking situations to the point of being unsafe to those behind me.

Last edited:
...and as the follower it would be your fault if you ran into him. Honda Smart cruise also hits brakes where humans wouldn't. Annoying and almost worthless and in traffic.

Full self driving and beta should not be on the same sentence IMO, it is an oxymoron.

Having said that, I would personally prefer them to certify roads and condition that FSD can work and just let you go from certified point A to certified point B, so that in case of emergency they know they can handle it without drivers intervention.

Full self driving and beta should not be on the same sentence IMO, it is an oxymoron.

Having said that, I would personally prefer them to certify roads and condition that FSD can work and just let you go from certified point A to certified point B, so that in case of emergency they know they can handle it without drivers intervention.
What kinda test would that be?

What kinda test would that be?
That's the thing, nobody has developed or open up how they test their self driving to the public, we don't know how to test or how they test. Maybe we will need a bunch of accidents then the world will come up with a good common practice on how they should behave and how they shouldn't behave.

That's the thing, nobody has developed or open up how they test their self driving to the public, we don't know how to test or how they test. Maybe we will need a bunch of accidents then the world will come up with a good common practice on how they should behave and how they shouldn't behave.
That's why Tesla has literally billions of miles of AP data. We are the testers; the real-world testers.
As a veteran author of large scale multi-user database applications, I know all about testing.
It ain't tested until the users pound the heck outta it with real data.

Here’s a test drive of FSD 10.2 Beta. Wow, it’s rough 😬*

This channel “Ryan Shaw” is mostly all pro-Tesla/fanboy, so I highly doubt he’s trying to make it look bad. He’s got great Tesla content.

*And I’m not anti-FSD - quite the opposite. I hope it works great ultimately, but it seems like they’re still years out from a reliable system.

Last edited:
Here’s a test drive of FSD 10.2 Beta. Wow, it’s rough 😬*

This channel “Ryan Shaw” is mostly all pro-Tesla/fanboy, so I highly doubt he’s trying to make it look bad. He’s got great Tesla content.

*And I’m not anti-FSD - quite the opposite. I hope it works great ultimately, but it seems like they’re still years out from a reliable system.
they will never have a reliable system with their current equipment

...and as the follower it would be your fault if you ran into him.
I know that is an often repeated claim, but it's not always so. There are a number of situations where one can crash into another vehicle from behind that are not the "followers" fault. The best example of which is a vehicle that changes lanes "into" fast traffic.

Back