Front marker lamps for 94 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the front side in the middle of the bumper is an amber lamp assembly. It comes out with one screw to the rear. I pulled the assembly off and pressed a snap on connector to get the wires off.

It looks like the individual bulb is not replaceable but one needs to replace the entire assembly ($38. at AAP). This seems absurd.

If the bulb was replaceable by itself then there would not be a snap off connector but rather the bulb holder would twist out. This bulb looks like its glued in.

Given that the bulb is burned out on both sides, the NYS inspector assume its a reflector and passes the vehicle.

Not sure I want to pay $80 for some additional parking lights.

That sounds really strange. My 93 camry has 230,000 miles and I don't think I've ever had to replace those front bulbs...but if I did, I am SURE I didn't replace the whole unit like you're suggesting. I'll check my car this weekend.

Originally Posted By: Vaca
That sounds really strange. My 93 camry has 230,000 miles and I don't think I've ever had to replace those front bulbs...but if I did, I am SURE I didn't replace the whole unit like you're suggesting. I'll check my car this weekend.

Thanks for checking. These are the ones in the front bumper. There is a amber reflector on the front and an amber lamp on the side. Mine have been out for years and I just assumed the whole thing was a reflector. I have the light on in dash that says some light is out.

As I said, normally if a bulb alone can be replaced, then the bulb holder twists out, but in this case there is a snap on connector that attaches to the entire assembly.

AAP sells the assembly and I doubt they would if one could just replace the bulb.

I am really glad both sides have a broken bulb, I would hate to have one side broken and fail NYS inspection.

Donald,

You're not going to beleive what happened to my 93 camry on Friday...hit a deer on Rt 80, smashed my passenger side headlight, turn signal, hood, fender, etc.

I didn't have time this past weekend to check, but will this weekend coming up. I work 200 miles from home right now, hence the weekends are the only time I can get to the car now that it's sitting out of commission in my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back