Front Jacking Point 2008(-2012) Malibu

I've searched and searched online and haven't come up with a place where I can jack the car up from the front other than the pinch welds which doesn't seem very usefull unless you're jacking the car up to change a tire, I need to get under the car to change the oil, I bought some plastic ramps and when I sat them on the ground they weren't sitting flat so I decided that I'm not going to even mess with them, does anyone know where a safe place is to jack the car from the from the front.

I can't answer perfectly, but I can help I think.

I have had to lift a clients 2013 Cadillac ATS which I think is the same/similar - and it's a challenge to figure it out. Do not assume any solid looking thing along what should be a (pressed) frame rail is ok; it's all poly aerodynamic panels for the CD underneath and you can't tell.

If you are in doubt, always a safe place to jack from is the lower control arm. It holds the whole weight of the car so you can do no wrong with that. Then put stands in and work safely.

You are correct to be hesitant about using the pinch welds; they are for only the emergency jack with the tight u-fold. If you put a standard jack on it, it can bend it.

I've searched and searched online and haven't come up with a place where I can jack the car up from the front other than the pinch welds which doesn't seem very usefull unless you're jacking the car up to change a tire, I need to get under the car to change the oil, I bought some plastic ramps and when I sat them on the ground they weren't sitting flat so I decided that I'm not going to even mess with them, does anyone know where a safe place is to jack the car from the from the front.
By plastic ramps, I assume you're referring to Rhino Ramps or similar? And I also assume that by "weren't sitting flat" you mean they were pivoting on the rubber grip on the underside at the entrance end of the ramps? If so, I just want to chime in and verify that is by design and is perfectly safe. If not, then perhaps elaborate on why and where they weren't flat?

Since I don't have a lift, those plastic ramps are the best $40 or so I ever spent (I bought the 12K capacity ones, and they were much cheaper 10 years ago). You wouldn't catch me dead jacking up a car to change the oil.

By plastic ramps, I assume you're referring to Rhino Ramps or similar? And I also assume that by "weren't sitting flat" you mean they were pivoting on the rubber grip on the underside at the entrance end of the ramps? If so, I just want to chime in and verify that is by design and is perfectly safe. If not, then perhaps elaborate on why and where they weren't flat?
It didn't seem to be just the rubber grip I stood on them and they rocked side to side and when I looked underneath it looks like there's three points that look like where the plastic would be injected into the mold in manufacturing where there was excess material sticking out, to me it didn't seem like it'd be safe to drive up them with those three small points plus the rubber grip being the only contact patch to the ground.

Don't see anything in the front in service instructions. Stick with the Rhino Ramps, they're more than strong enough for a passenger car.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 09.05.25.png

It didn't seem to be just the rubber grip I stood on them and they rocked side to side and when I looked underneath it looks like there's three points that look like where the plastic would be injected into the mold in manufacturing where there was excess material sticking out, to me it didn't seem like it'd be safe to drive up them with those three small points plus the rubber grip being the only contact patch to the ground.
Interesting. I'll never advise someome to do something they aren't comfortable with, as I cannot see what you see (without a photo at least). That said, if there is excess material that shouldn't be there, maybe post a pic to see if it's safe to cut off or remove to make it safe? Or exchange them for a set that doesn't have the possible defect?

Interesting. I'll never advise someome to do something they aren't comfortable with, as I cannot see what you see (without a photo at least). That said, if there is excess material that shouldn't be there, maybe post a pic to see if it's safe to cut off or remove to make it safe? Or exchange them for a set that doesn't have the possible defect?
I went and exchanged them for a set that didn't have all that mold blow out.

Most American cars are too stupid to include a front jacking point between the front wheels. The Japanese usually do, though.

A 5th gen Camry, for example:
2011-04-22_145211_2011-04-23_085334-87913.png

If you look under the car from the side you will see a boxed frame rail. That is where we lift them with a frame contact lift. Anywhere under the front subframe is safe to place jack stands

Back