Front Door/Porch Alarm

Does anyone know who might make an alarm that lets people inside the house know there is movement on the front porch, other than alexa, or a full on alarm company? I’m looking for just such a thing, mainly to let me know when packages get dropped off and no one rings the bell. I don’t want to install a whole house apark, and Alexa is just not gonna happen.

I know some motion sensing cameras can send you an alert if a human is detected in a chosen field of view. Might also me some kind of motion sensor device with remote alerts.

My in-laws use an Arlo Pro system and seem happy with it. It's Wi-Fi based with a smartphone app where they get motion alerts with the associated video, and the cameras don't require any wiring or power as long as you're willing to take them down and charge them periodically.

Well, cellphone alerts won’t do any good if you don’t carry it with you 24/7, and as stated before, alexa isn’t gonna happen. I’m more looking towards a proximity alert, like used in most businesse, where it sets an audible alarm or warning light if a fence is breached or camera detects something .

This is an oversaturated market for sure. Google is your firned. COme back with a proposed solution and ask about a specific product to get legitimate answers.

Unless you are at home the alerts will be useless, only telling you that a varmint is stealing your package.

Let him watch the front door 🚪

Attachments

• IMG_20230121_225829.jpg
    IMG_20230121_225829.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
Take your pick, excellent free app, no subscription fees, you do have that option but not needed. Just insert you own 64 gb micro sd card.
Good stuff. Parent company is HikVision #1serious world wide cameras.
The C3 series are very cost effective and good. Pick on how much you want to spend.

Back