From Wheeler Dealers to FantomWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velocity Channel
Most like Ed China's efforts under the hood, under the floorboards and inside the cabin to restore a car for a reasonable price...with little drama.

Then there's FW with attitude to the max...everyone has one...and deep down no-holds-barred restorations for crazy costs (a $97k '64 Chevy? Really?...it's nice to have money to burn).

I do like watching the repair, rebuilding, and restoration of cars. I appreciate the owner of FW cold-hearted attitude towards customers..."you got a problem with your budget"....but am amazed at how much car owners will pour into those cars.

Still, a lot of good work goes on in that shop...but I'll miss Ed.

My favorite Velocity car fix shows in order:

Wheeler Dealers
Graveyard Carz

That's it.

Graveyard Carz is great! Only might hate it if you dont like classic MOPAR. You have to watch it in order first though. It is actually hard to start in season 4 then go to s1. Its gotten bigger and better through out the seasons.

Originally Posted By: wemay

Wheeler Dealers
Graveyard Carz

That's it.

Yes ,especially since Graveyard booted the two stooges off it and went with a little less drama, awesome seeing the detail they go to to restore the cars correctly, but I imagine big $$ but then again those old mopars are worth big money.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Originally Posted By: wemay

Wheeler Dealers
Graveyard Carz

That's it.

Yes ,especially since Graveyard booted the two stooges off it and went with a little less drama, awesome seeing the detail they go to to restore the cars correctly, but I imagine big $$ but then again those old mopars are worth big money.

01.gif

Ed China is awesome. hopefully he spins up his own show. I do like Fantom Works but find Dan a little interesting that he scolds his friend Charlie for wanting to bore, stroke, and boost the 302 in a Mustang yet frequently drops LT4's in everything. and it's not just tv; I ran into a friend at a performance car show recently who was showing off his shop's 1970 Charger build for a customer and the price tag was $400,000. he said their average build is $250,000. !@!@#$!%$!!??? it makes the coin I dropped in my Cougar seem like pennies.

Most of the shows other than WD spend a LOT of screentime focused on the "characters" (close-ups, "discussions" and arguments) rather than on the repairs....ehhhhvvvvvverybody's a star!

The last season of Wheeler Dealers was garbage. All of the other car reality shows might as well be The Kardashians because they're boring garbage too.

The best car show on now is South Main Auto on YouTube. Start to finish repairs by a real pro, with great camera and lighting and very little bee ess.

Others on this site might also enjoy a show called Highway Through He-ll available on Netflix. It's aboot Canadian heavy wrecker drivers in the mountains. Less "drama" than most reality shows and good detail on the recoveries.

The last season of WD is why Edd left. He tried to stick it out, and things only got worse. You could totally tell he wasn't liking the fake drama. I wholeheartedly agree with him.

There are so many videos on YouTube made by a couple of guys on a budget that would be laughable for TV network that are producing programs SO much better than virtually anything on the TV, that it should be a sorce of great embarrasment to the TV networks.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond

The best car show on now is South Main Auto on YouTube. Start to finish repairs by a real pro, with great camera and lighting and very little bee ess.

Nicely done...thanks.

My top 3 on Velocity are Chasing Classic Cars, Wheeler Dealers & Graveyard Carz.
I wasn't aware of the Edd situation until reading this thread, so thanks for posting KitaCam.
First Aaron Kaufman leaves Fast N' Loud and now Edd China departs. Be interesting to see how the shows do without these two skilled mechanics.

It is extremely likely that both Edd and Aaron will get their own shows.

Aaron is extremely talented, his cars are always stunning aeshetically and mechanically.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Most of the shows other than WD spend a LOT of screentime focused on the "characters" (close-ups, "discussions" and arguments) rather than on the repairs....ehhhhvvvvvverybody's a star!

I agree, I stopped watching fast and loud and misfit garage a few years back when the drama started being more important than the cars they were building. Richard is nothing but an arrogant a$$. I would like to see Aaron have a show, he is calm and never really gets to excited.

I like the quirky guy on Grave Yard cars, he's harmless. What I like most is how they restore them back to factory and not a bunch of tricked out garbage.

The only other one I watch is Counting Cars. I don't really care much for Danny but I like some the the cars they build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back