From record-setter to rubbish: World’s biggest cruise ship to be scrapped without sailing a single voyage

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
The ships will probably get bought at a discount so someone will complete them. Like a lease transfer if you think about it.

Sad I guess.I never wanted to go on a cruise ship.
Me neither. I was never attracted to the concept. Everyone raves about the unlimited food and drink. I have that at home. And I don't have to live out of a suitcase to enjoy it. The largest cruise vessels pack on almost 9,000 passengers and crew..... And they're all millionaires, just ask them after 4 drinks.

Cruising on small cruise ships (2,000 passengers) is the key. I have cruised to the Caribbean, the Baltic States (Estonia, etc.) Germany, and Russia, It's very relaxing-and all your needs are taken care of. I have been on a better part of a dozen cruises-a small number I may add compared to those really in to his mode of vacationing/travel.

It's interesting to note there are a lot of anti-cruisers on here. Interesting parallel to those chasing .25cent/quart oil all over town.

Cruising on small cruise ships (2,000 passengers) is the key. I have cruised to the Caribbean, the Baltic States (Estonia, etc.) Germany, and Russia, It's very relaxing-and all your needs are taken care of. I have been on a better part of a dozen cruises-a small number I may add compared to those really in to his mode of vacationing/travel.

It's interesting to note there are a lot of anti-cruisers on here. Interesting parallel to those chasing .25cent/quart oil all over town.
Thank for the advice, is there any specific cruise line you recommend like Viking? Cruising the Baltic would be interesting since it's not one of the more common Mediterranean or Caribbean cruises, maybe higher quality?

I think a lot of the anti-cruising sentiment has to do with poor news coverage making some lines look mismanaged and the recurring norovirus episodes are a real turn off.

And I'll bet you don't have to stir your soup with a canoe paddle in a 55 gallon drum.

In addition, I would surmise that is how your kids get fed at school as well. Larger school districts have a central kitchen that cooks everything and ships it out.

Anywhere you serve a lot of people they use some interesting ways to cook food whether it’s a hospital cafeteria or the buffet in Las Vegas.

Back