From German Teen To ISIS Jihadist: A Father's Stru

Status
Not open for further replies.
From German Teen To ISIS Jihadist: A Father's Struggle To Understand:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2014/...e-to-understand

nelson-alfons-toned-1_vert-f4cbdad68253ea733f3e270d216de753e64b362b-s300-c85.jpg
I am interested in hearing from our usual experts and read their analysis. In the past they have been the first one to bring out any ISIS related stories. I am surprised how they missed this story.

Have you seen "The Newburgh Sting" on HBO?

My word, what an eye opener on how the FBI have essentially been manufacturing cases as well as orchestrating the dramatization of the media coverage to suit their agenda.

Tragically misguided youthful quest to be a part of something socially, culturally, and spiritually big in the movement department combined with too much time on his hands. Alarmingly, there are tens of thousands more kids like him out there who may be fertile soil for ISIL to plant the seeds of their evil world view.

As I had feared, had this been a child of a black immigrant family from Sudan, the usual suspects would have in drove here :-(

These middle class white jihad kids just don't do well in Syria etc. No cell phones in most places, running clean water etc or other modern luxuries. Most are coming home real quick after finding out how bad the conditions are in [censored] Land.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
These middle class white jihad kids just don't do well in Syria etc. No cell phones in most places, running clean water etc or other modern luxuries. Most are coming home real quick after finding out how bad the conditions are in [censored] Land.
Praise [censored]?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
As I had feared, had this been a child of a black immigrant family from Sudan, the usual suspects would have in drove here :-(

Don't fret. I do not prejudge my enemies as far as I am concerned the whole lot is scum.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Praise [censored]?
I guess so but I heard somewhere the conditions in Syria are terrible. No wonder these fake jihad kids get home sick when they can't find a working cell tower.

Syrian-Refugees-Global-Security-Risk.jpg

WARNING: OFF TOPIC

That image, above, reminded me vividly of my trip to Mardi Gras in '98. I have a photo that I snapped by extending my arm up as high as I could and pointing it down the street which looks startlingly similar to this one!

EDIT: Here it is:

0035.jpg

I see no "bomb-after" crumbling concrete buildings in the New Orleans picture or it is hidden by all the people standing on it?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Tragically misguided youthful quest to be a part of something socially, culturally, and spiritually big in the movement department combined with too much time on his hands. Alarmingly, there are tens of thousands more kids like him out there who may be fertile soil for ISIL to plant the seeds of their evil world view.

I suspect that there are a proportion of the youth who look at some of what the west has become and be persuaded by a person with the right arguments about how there is an alternative way.

This has always been the case, just the person making the argument for the alternative believes in some political philosophy X or religion Y. And some of those things actually became mainstream.

Occupy Wall Street kids are the future of this country.

Everything they feel they deserve .... go against the man until they get what they want.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
Have you seen "The Newburgh Sting" on HBO?

My word, what an eye opener on how the FBI have essentially been manufacturing cases as well as orchestrating the dramatization of the media coverage to suit their agenda.

What's scary is how often and the scale this is being done.
whats funny to me is we look at countries like China where censorship is common and right in front of the public,yet here the information is just as censored however the public never sees it so they believe what they are told.
At least the Chinese are obvious. Not so here in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back