from another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Most synthetics are Group III,which is merely highly refined dino oil..totally compatible with regular dino oil.Thank the stupid Feds for allowing oil pumped out of the ground to be considered "synthetic".If you have visions of test tubes and mad scientists "making" synthetic oils from man made materials...think again.
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Most synthetics are Group III,which is merely highly refined dino oil..totally compatible with regular dino oil.Thank the stupid Feds for allowing oil pumped out of the ground to be considered "synthetic".If you have visions of test tubes and mad scientists "making" synthetic oils from man made materials...think again.

You are wrong on several counts. Remember everything either comes from the ground or air.

A direct quote from my car's owners manual,"You can use either mineral or synthetic oil in your Nissan,just do not mix the two". What was the state of "synthetic oils" back in 1996? I always used conventional back then.

Originally Posted By: salv
Hahahaha. This post is ridiculous. Have you met Miss Information!

i'm borrowing that line...

I bet the guy is so old school Pennzoil and QS products are garbage to him. I have been told several times by old car folks that it is bad to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back