From a Fiesta to a Prius

I owned this 2016 Ford Fiesta for a whole 5 months. It drove real nice and ran good, had the best car audio system I've ever had, but when the ignition switch failed and I had to pay $434 to get it fixed at a Ford stealership, I got cold feet and traded it for a Toyota Prius. I kind of miss that super audio system (factory system with 6 speakers, a 12" sub woofer, and 50 WPC) but the 48 MPGs I now get eases the pain. Good chance the car would have been trouble free for me if I'd kept it, but I'll never know. Fords seem to perform well for many people.

69360932_10215574009924203_3174340311916740608_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had to pay $650 to fix my lock cylinder on my 05 gto plus a tow because the key was stuck so $434 isn't bad. Now I have a new upgraded spareand knwhow to change it. Fully trasperency the gto went from a DD to a wekkend/track car.

I'm a fanboi but that seems like a step backwards over what is these days a cheap repair. Random repairs happen randomly and don't always mean the rest of the car is bad.

Unless if it had that DCT transmission in which case this may have been for the best. And of course, the fanboi in me says this was the right move... regardless, good luck.

I owned this 2016 Ford Fiesta for a whole 5 months. It drove real nice and ran good, had the best car audio system I've ever had, but when the ignition switch failed and I had to pay $434 to get it fixed at a Ford stealership, I got cold feet and traded it for a Toyota Prius. I kind of miss that super audio system (factory system with 6 speakers, a 12" sub woofer, and 50 WPC) but the 48 MPGs I now get eases the pain. Good chance the car would have been trouble free for me if I'd kept it, but I'll never know. Fords seem to perform well for many people.

View attachment 63868
I look forward to the day of Ditching my Ford for a Toyota. It has been a thorn in my side for years. I don’t use it enough to justify the work of selling and buying

Back