Friend's NEW 2013 RAM 1500 Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last experience with a MoPar product was a 1971 Imperial LeBaron...

What's your oil & filter (& OCI) recommendation for my buddy's new 4WD RAM Hemi?

Cheers!

Piece o' Cake.

While he's under warranty he must be a good boy. Hemis are good on oil, he won't have much to talk about there.

I have an '11 Hemi Ram 1500. My first oil change reminder came up around 4500 miles. From then on It has been 7500-8500.

It calls for 5w20, but I've been running 0w20 with no issues at all.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Piece o' Cake.

While he's under warranty he must be a good boy. Hemis are good on oil, he won't have much to talk about there.

+1 Been doing 6,000 OCI on Synpower since 05 - 102,000 miles and never have needed to add any oil between changes, not much to talk about. No drama..

the newer chrysler products have some version of Pennzoil as the FF(IIRC), and alot of the dealers have switched over to Pennzoil.

unless it specifically calls for synthetic, you can't go wrong with PYB and a wix filter, in the weight called for in the manual (likely 5w20), @ the specified intervals.
if it does specify syn, PP.

I know my neon's little 2.0l felt like a whole different car last summer on PYB, than on the valvoline that i had been using prior. now it's loving the formula shell i just put in.

really any major brand oil should be just fine. all depends on how the owners "butt dyno" feels. or backed up w/ a uoa.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

I know my neon's little 2.0l felt like a whole different car last summer on PYB, than on the valvoline that i had been using prior. now it's loving the formula shell i just put in.

crazy.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Motorcraft/trop artic syn blends in 5w20, and a motorcraft fl820s. the ford fl820s is a direct replacement for the factory mopar filter.

FL820s at walmart and motorcraft/trop artic. or any other 5w20 at walmart.

If you have a Orschlern farm store you can usually get trop artic syn-blend which is very similar to motorcraft oil for under $3 a qt.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: earlyre

crazy.gif
crackmeup2.gif

what? it did! i swear!
a little hyperbole? maybe

don't believe me? my friends Nessie and 'Squatch will back me up on it.
wink.gif

9189283.jpg

We have many 5.7's in the fleet. They run on napa gold filters and chevron supreme 5w20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back