Friend's accident issue with Costco

If you are aware of how things work-the threat of a lawsuit or lawyer will result in Costco immediately ceasing all communication with the OP-and turning it over to the legal department. That's real world.
Who said anything about a lawsuit? I said involve your insurance co and the implied threat of litigation from them. It is more about having a pro handle this kind of thing prevents you getting jerked around and wasting your time being your own claims adjuster.

Friend's brother had new tires installed at Costco. On the way home, a wheel came off. He was not hurt. Car was towed. Costco refunded and replaced wheel and tires, no charge. I assume tech was fired. I expect car to be checked by dealer for damage, which should be covered by Costco. He should be calling his lawyer.
Attorney won't touch that case unless he'll get at least $10,000. Small claims if anything.

Costco recently rotated my tires. I drove the Jag last month from FL to PA. When I got to PA, I noticed one lug nut was missing. Purchased 5 replacements on Amazon and checked the others. All were tight. Replacement threaded on fine and torqued OK. I guess the tech just missed it.

I've had really good results from Costco. This is the first time I've experienced an issue.

I'm willing to bet the percentage is much higher than you claim. It's just common sense to go over repair work carefully after completion.

If I have to check a professional's work then that person is not a professional.

The whole point of paying for service is to not do anything myself.

Reactions: CKN
If I have to check a professional's work then that person is not a professional.

The whole point of paying for service is to not do anything myself.

I always double check every human beings work including my own that put's tools to my vehicles. Professionals make mistakes like any other human.

I always double check every human beings work including my own that put's tools to my vehicles. Professionals make mistakes like any other human.

Okay, I really don't get your point in how could others not check it. Not everyone has the expertise to do so. Do you check your accountant's tax calculations? How about your lawyer's corporate filings? What about your doctor's prescriptions? Your pharmacist's formula?

You can't be an expert in everything.

Back