Friendly Canadian visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by red7404
back in the 50s / 60s Chrysler made some parts in Canadian.

The Charger is made in Canada.

OVERKILL: yeah, all the Chargers we get in at work are Canadian made
smile.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

So are the minivans, right here in Windsor. Pictured below is Chrysler's "Plant 3" where a non-trivial number of our residents work.

[Linked Image from postmediawindsorstar2.files.wordpress.com]

In fact, Windsor is filled to the brim with plants for the Big Three and peripheral plants making parts.

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

So are the minivans, right here in Windsor. Pictured below is Chrysler's "Plant 3" where a non-trivial number of our residents work.

[Linked Image from postmediawindsorstar2.files.wordpress.com]

In fact, Windsor is filled to the brim with plants for the Big Three and peripheral plants making parts.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Marco620
Had great luck with everyone up in Canada but especially in Halifax and St.Johns. Those maritime folk are a different breed but they got the Donair down pat.

Yes, the people in New Brunswick, PEI, and Nova Scotia are amazing!

Almost all Canadians realize how fortunate we are to have Americans as neighbors.

As for Toronto all huge cities tend to be more hustle bustle

From mid to late 90's my FIL and I use to go to Austins Wilderness Fishing Lodge on the Pashkokogan Lake, never will for get the people, the scenery but most of all I miss eating the walleye out of that lake.

Maybe I've worn out my welcome in Canada. The last two times I have pulled trailers into Canada, they've searched me and my truck. I had made 80 border crossings previously with no hassles, and now I'm wondering what's changed.

oh canada... my maternal grandparents are canadian scottish. i spent summers in pei through my early 20s. even inherited some family land there. knew well a couple of young lasses there... later on active duty was once invited aboard a visiting rcn destroyer for real drinks in a real officer's wardroom, a fearful hot day's most refreshing two tall gin n tonics ever! worked overseas for 25+ years with some great canadian peers. fast forward to 2000s when i worked in toronto for 2 1/2 years: morning double double from timmies, great food, insane housing bubble, 401 is the worst.traffic.ever. go 50 miles outside of vancouver, calgary, toronto, ottawa or montreal to find the wonderful, great, true north, canada, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back