Fridge Issue

So have this fridge FRS685EEW1 and it's not cooling anymore.

Tested compressor starter capacitor it's good, compressor is running and both fans(compressor and evaporator) are running too.

There's no ice on evaporator coils, does it mean compressor/gas is not good or could be some other issue?

Appreciate the help and advise, thank you.

mexican names that start with j

"IF" the compressor is running and at the same time the evaporator coil is not cold, that would rule out thermostat, capacitor, starter relay and I would suspect a refridgerant leak or the compressor is failing.. Now if the compressor isn't starting or starts then shuts off then that's a whole different story. I am assuming you maintain it by keeping the condenser coil clean and has proper air flow.
This might help a little and is good reference material.
R -Compressor Windings Test NEW.jpg

Last edited:
"IF" the compressor is running and at the same time the evaporator coil is not cold, that would rule out thermostat, capacitor, starter relay and I would suspect a refridgerant leak or the compressor is failing.. Now if the compressor isn't starting or starts then shuts off then that's a whole different story. I am assuming you maintain it by keeping the condenser coil clean and has proper air flow.
This might help a little and is good reference material.View attachment 25829
I had a fridge that could barely maintain 50 F and short cycled all the time. Turned out one of the windings burned up. Called my energy company, they picked it up for free and got a check for $50.

Back