FreedomPop Cell Phone Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it and will not be renewing. Lousy call quality using Sprint network. It uses data only so whenever you make a call you are using data. Send a text and you are using data. If all you did was text and internet it might be ok. I got the $80/yr unlimited everything plan. The price was right and if it was an emergency only phone then it migh be ok too. As long as you are not talking on it all the time. Echo, reverb and delay makes it difficult to talk with people.

Run Forest Run,

It is a borderline scam. Luckily I got all my money back. Had to get the US Bank involved to get my money back.

The phone was horrible, the service even worse. Never saw more than 2 bars of signal strength out of 4. I live 4 miles from a Sprint 4G tower.

All I was looking for was an emergency phone. After that disaster I went with Tracfone for a emergency phone and for travel. It works great and is $6 a month if I do auto renew every ninty days. After 60 days I have 110 of my 180 minutes left.

Last edited:
Both of my brothers use it, they have the free plan that gives them 200 minutes a month and 500 texts I think, along with so much data for surfing the internet. For them its great! They pay nothing month to month, nothing.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Echo, reverb and delay makes it difficult to talk with people.

My 93 yr old mom said to never call her on it again.

I tried them a while back for an emergency phone for my 12 yr old daughter. Waste of money. If I had wifi, calls were barely acceptable, lots of echo and severe delay. If using cellular (VOIP) it was at best poor, many times though it was unusable.
Texts were delayed by up to 12 hours at times.
The phone is now sitting in a drawer somewhere in my daughters room.

I ended up getting her a t-mobil PAYG plan. $3/month for 30 minutes talk and/or 30 texts. No data at all. Works as a great emergence phone, and she can use wifi at home and school, and most anywhere else she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back