Free Web Root Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I bought a new laptop at Best Buy and it came with a free Web Root Secure Anywhere Antivirus disc. It is for 3 PC's and the license is valid for 6 months from the date of activation. I do not need it, I use ESET NOD32 and have already installed ESET on my new laptop.

This Web Root disc is unopened, is still in the factory shrink wrap and says "valid only if purchased from Best Buy" but I imagine it would work on any PC. If anyone here wants it, you can have it for free. I will mail it out to the first fellow BITOG'er who sends me a PM with their name and address.

Wow..24 hours and 168 views and no one wants it, not even for free. Web Root must be one sorry piece of software. I think I will just donate it to Goodwill or some other good cause. Thanks anyway.

It was a nice gesture, one of those that make BITOG great. Maybe everyone converted to Apple or something overnight.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Maybe everyone converted to Apple or something overnight.
wink.gif

Or Linux.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
It was a nice gesture, one of those that make BITOG great.

Agreed.
11.gif

maybe if you offered to email the code?

I use eset or kaspersky I get Free after rebate.

Thanks guys. I will just donate it. From what I read online Web Root is not very good at all and I believe most all of us here who use Windows understand the need for a good AV program. I have no need for Web Root but I can't see any sense in letting it go unused either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back