Free Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOD

Any housebound folks looking for something to watch, I'm strongly recommend Free Solo. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7775622/

In terms of "Greatest Athletes of All Time", I'd put this guy on any top 5 list. Probably the greatest single athletic achievement of in history.

Great movie. I got more out of it from a psychological perspective. It really gets inside the guy's head and it's not pretty.

I've watched part of it, mainly for the whole rock climbing. I should find time to sit down and just watch it all.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Great movie. I got more out of it from a psychological perspective. It really gets inside the guy's head and it's not pretty.

yeah, clearly he is not wired like a normal person--and the movie rightly focuses on that aspect of it to a large degree. I find that part fascinating as well. But I actually think it overshadows a bit what a ridiculous athletic achievement it is as well. Hard to separate the two given the nature of climbing, but it's an unreal feat.

Several months ago Hulu, started it because a staffer pick. Had little idea what it was going to be about. Very much enjoyed it. Dude is an interesting guy to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back