Free range chicken eggs

Good Evening BITOGERS🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺

farmer friend Colton came over for oil change in his older Dually Ram 3500 pickup. Diesel powered. Brought me this. Love fresh eggs, and yes I’ll wash them soon. His oil change I used some 15w40 CQ oil I practically stole from AAP and Baldwin filter he brought. God love family and friends. 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺😍

beats the tar out of “store eggs”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 26
I am lucky enough to have a source for eggs, that are from chickens raised by Amish folks. $2.25/dozen.

As far as the taste, there's no comparison to store bought eggs. None.

I can also get Quail and Duck eggs as well.

You speak stone cold truth. Colton even comes by, plows my off street parking shake/gravel area, ashes and sands it. I always leave him envelope of cash for that service. True friends help friends 🇺🇸🇨🇦👍

farmer friend Colton came over for oil change in his older Dually Ram 3500 pickup. Diesel powered. Brought me this. Love fresh eggs, and yes I’ll wash them soon. His oil change I used some 15w40 CQ oil I practically stole from AAP and Baldwin filter he brought. God love family and friends. 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺😍

****, I wish! Those look great. But don’t wash them. Better to leave them unwashed till you use them, that way they don’t require refrigeration. Refrigeration will ruin the taste.

This is also why you never see eggs refrigerated in the EU.

And no mention of waxing eggs?

I pity all those that have never had real eggs, real milk, real beef/chicken, fresh squeezed juice, or don't fish/hunt regularly

****, I wish! Those look great. But don’t wash them. Better to leave them unwashed till you use them, that way they don’t require refrigeration. Refrigeration will ruin the taste.

This is also why you never see eggs refrigerated in the EU.
This. Do not wash them! The bloom (coating) on the pores of the shell is what keeps them. Washing that, you will have to immediately refrigerate and will absorb smells from your fridge. When I had my hens, I'd keep them in the fridge, but never wash until time to use.
Mike B
PS: I miss real eggs. My hens ate all sorts of bugs and frogs and whatever else they could grab. SO different than storebought eggs.

I love the color variety., A friend has chickens that lay blue and green eggs. Fresh eggs are great. But washing them is a no-no. You will remove, as already mentioned, the cuticle/bloom that protects the egg from bacteria getting inside. The cuticle is a thin, dry layer of mucus rich in protein that the chicken secretes and deposits on the egg when laying it. Commercial eggs have to be washed in a chemical solution and they are are afterward sealed with a protective coating. If you do wash an egg yourself you must use it very quickly.

Last edited:
Man I wish there was a nutritional difference between "free range" and typical store bought. They yolks sure look different with regards to backyard eggs.

Did you guys know that the shells of non-white eggs are thicker regardless of where you buy them because it's all about the bird and not the environment in which they're raised? Brown egg birds are larger and consequently consume more feed which is why their eggs are typically more expensive compared to white eggs.

Source: Great uncle was a farmer.

Last edited:
animals + birds that eat good produce better meats + eggs. i always loved eggs + remember a family friends eggs raised for himself + other family members, the yellows were more orangish + tasted fantastic!! a lot of todays foods are really poor compared to years ago IMO

Back